Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: assani ruining the SE forum

I pretty certain that everyone that wants AF banned is:

1. A very misearable person, or
2. Insecure, or
3. A holder of very meager intellectual capabilities.

Also, I'm very surprised NT isn't upset by AF.

Lastly, AF is def a huge wackjob, no doubt about that.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
taking a year to finish a street by street hand in MTTF

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahhahahah

link?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dislike Assani's SE stuff for the intellectual dishonesty and inexplicable reverence given his opinions by other posters, but that's not a bannable offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

This shouldn't be forgotten. I don't want say to it's par for the course during SPORTS DEBATE, but come on, it's still the debate of sports. One time in BBV people were literally enraged and labeled me a troll for saying michael jordan was overrated. People often lose all sense of time and space when debating sports.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dislike Assani's SE stuff for the intellectual dishonesty and inexplicable reverence given his opinions by other posters, but that's not a bannable offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

See this is what I don't get about you. If I saw that another poster was getting a lot of praise for his opinions I'd approach them with an open mind and try to learn a bit from them. I'm not saying that I've never been wrong- I have a ton. But you just dismiss all my arguments it seems like. Don't you think theres a reason that many people like my SE postings? Don't you think its A POSSIBILITY that I'm right about SOME of the things we've disagreed on?

103,179 and counting
Old 10-30-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I ask you guys an honest question? For all the people that seem to be greatly bothered by me....suppose that I went and started another onslaught thread in OOT and I clearly labeled the title of the thread as "onslaught." Why exactly would this bother you? Why can you not just choose not to click on it?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not a defense for posting poor content.

Just to take the "onslaught" example, when someone asks you for an explanation in the thread, you're as purposely obtuse as possible, just to drive people nuts. You may be a sophisticated troll, but you're a troll. If you're not, and you're sincere about this, then it seems to me that you just don't get how people interact with one another.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:26 PM

Why are we still talking about the Onslaught threads? They were made over a year ago, and he was already harshly criticized for them and agreed to stop.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can I ask you guys an honest question? For all the people that seem to be greatly bothered by me....suppose that I went and started another onslaught thread in OOT and I clearly labeled the title of the thread as "onslaught." Why exactly would this bother you? Why can you not just choose not to click on it?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not a defense for posting poor content.

Just to take the "onslaught" example, when someone asks you for an explanation in the thread, you're as purposely obtuse as possible, just to drive people nuts. You may be a sophisticated troll, but you're a troll. If you're not, and you're sincere about this, then it seems to me that you just don't get how people interact with one another.

[/ QUOTE ]

But go re-read the onslaught theads...in each one there were AT LEAST 5 posters that partipated and/or said that they liked the thread. Thats not to count that i got multiple PMs asking me to keep posting about them.

You happen to think that its "poor content." Thats your opinion. Obviously not everyone agrees. I personally don't like the band Metallica, so if someone started a thread bout them to me that'd be "poor content." However I certainly wouldn't care if someone had that thread if they and others enjoyed it.

As for the trolling comments. I'll repeat: Its the people that continue to make such a big deal out of this that are the ones actually trolling. Do you really not see this? They are the ones causing it to be a big deal. I've just encouraged them to go away and find another thread.

103,170.5 and counting
Old 10-30-2007, 06:38 PM

People defending Assani-

1. Actually read his arguments and responses, don't just skim and assume because he didn't swear he was right.

2. Look at his justifications for continuing to be allowed to troll:

"Lots of people responded"

That's right, he should be allowed to troll because he's good at it. Wonderful.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. Look at his justifications for continuing to be allowed to troll:

"Lots of people responded"

That's right, he should be allowed to troll because he's good at it. Wonderful.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

he is also trolling by flooding the forum. if i wanted to type 3000 words worth of gibberish every time someone called me a bad mod, i might get people to shut up because they didn't feel like reading it all. but it wouldn't make me a good mod. if assani is such a great poster and has such great arguments, there is no reason why he can't respond in a few sentences as to why he cherry picks statistics, or why he does things that are clearly designed to be obtuse and confusing for no apparent reason.

but he's not a good poster so he can't do that. for the same reason that he can't understand why he's not allowed to post crap like an onslaught in OOT, or why some people think he's a moron. he's either being willfully trollish or he actually is a [censored] moron.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:52 PM

also assani has repeatedly (as he did in this thread) cut and pasted articles or other random crap into the forums, sometimes trying to pass it off as his own. he has even been banned for this, and it's pretty hard to get matt to ban you in SE if you aren't calling someone a [censored] [censored]