Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: soap c/r

Looks pretty darn good to me. I don't like Soap's UTG raise, but the rest looks good. Once Shippy 5-bets the flop, I think he's betting the turn 100% of the time when it blanks off.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What does everyone think of Soaps turn line?

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean 4-betting the nuts 3 ways?

if you're talking about the inital c/r, i like it more than betting out. hands like AA/AK likely aren't raising but are betting when checked to. it's also your best chance of getting more than 3 bets in on the turn when you're up against KK/JJ
Old 11-13-2007, 03:36 AM

Yeah, I suppose you are right we can only be sure that a raise would get in on the turn if he capped the flop.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:56 AM

How do you pay off when he 4bets? Fine, we know he has QT, so you peel the board pair, but call the river bet???
Old 11-13-2007, 05:53 AM

raising QTs in 6 max is super debatable... soap used to be the biggest nit ever WTF is going on
Old 11-13-2007, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What does everyone think of Soaps turn line?

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends what SB did. if he folded the turn, then soap should call the turn raise and check/call a board pair and check/raise a brick.

EDIT: actually, I think that may be the line no matter what SB does, as hero clearly (a) has a set or (b) is drawing dead.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you pay off when he 4bets? Fine, we know he has QT, so you peel the board pair, but call the river bet???

[/ QUOTE ]

because soap does not ever have anything but the nuts here ever ever ever ever, and thus we likely have outs, but we are not crazy about them. but at the same time we cannot fold because we made the pot so astronomically big with our spewtardy play.

i understand what you are getting at, however. basically it is one of those "i made my hand, but i hate it so i better just call" spots. whenever this happens, it is safe to assume that someone played very very bad.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:40 AM

i wish ship it pls was playing that QQ against me when i had KK instead of bob, id be like 60 dollars richer now
Old 11-13-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raising QTs in 6 max is super debatable... soap used to be the biggest nit ever WTF is going on

[/ QUOTE ]
i've opened up alot, probably too much. i opened up becuase good regulars viewed me as a nit. but obviously, unknowns and bad regulars think i'm CRAZIAN.

my swings have increased since i've widen my range [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
it depends what SB did. if he folded the turn, then soap should call the turn raise and check/call a board pair and check/raise a brick.

[/ QUOTE ]
sb called.

even if sb folded, i'm never going to just call with the nuts vs ship_it. i can't see a good reason to wait for the river to not pair. he constantly over plays his hands?

if you think me 4-betting will blow ship it out.... imo, ship_it will never fold his set/ 2 pair.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
sb called.

even if sb folded, i'm never going to just call with the nuts vs ship_it. i can't see a good reason to wait for the river to not pair. he constantly over plays his hands?

if you think me 4-betting will blow ship it out.... imo, ship_it will never fold his set/ 2 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not let him overplay it on the river when you KNOW your hand is best? You know what he has and that he will never fold it, so make sure a good card comes for you and then let him hang himself on the river when the deck cannot bail him out.