Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Let\'s elaborate on Sunglasses

i have never had a pair of sunglasses that i liked. they simply all make me look like a tool. it sucks too cause i have very sensitive eyes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all those oaklie and sports-ish sunglasses make ppl look like nascar drivin retards

[/ QUOTE ]

Sunglasses aren't just for fashion. "Sport-ish" glasses are great for sports. Particularly when you need total eye coverage for sports such as cycling and snow sports.

I like the higher end glasses specifically because I'll take extra care not to lose them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure some stylish looking glasses can stay on your head in sports, cant they? Im not really sports guy, but id assume some can have a tighter grip on your head. If im wrong about that, its fine though
Old 07-07-2007, 09:46 AM

I just got these the other day. I think they are the perfect shades for the beach and poker.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:35 PM

I wear my sunglasses a lot - I'm from socal and so it's usually sunny. I pretty much wear them anytime I'm outside and often end up wearing them almost the whole day (on top of my head if I'm inside). Anyways, because I wear them so much, yes, the expensive polarized sunglasses are worth it.

I spend a ton of time around the water (pool or ocean) and so the polarized lenses help a lot with the glare. Plus the expensive sunglasses will have better lenses - when I used to wear cheaper sunglasses I could really tell when I had them on. With the better lenses, the clarity is a lot better and your eyes won't get tired after staring through cheaper lenses all day.

So, if you wear sunglasses a lot, then yes I'd say to buy the more expensive ones. If you are around the water at all (or other places where there is glare) then yes I'd say to buy the polarized lenses. But if you lose/break them quickly or don't wear sunglasses that often or for that long, then you'd probably be okay with the decent $30-40 pairs.

Also, once you know what pair you want (and you've tried them on - this is important!), look around online, especially e-bay. The sunglasses I currently wear (see below) are normally 125 or so, but I got them on ebay for a total of $80 (including tax ans s&h).

Old 07-07-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SC,

If you are on Macy's email list,

[/ QUOTE ]

Adding to the legend daily: our own El Diablo.

James
Old 07-07-2007, 03:28 PM

dan bright, you're wrong. Sports glasses are great for sports, period.

As for me I spent $120ish on ray bans that fit my head great. Love em. My mom has Maui Jims and they're fantastic. If you are willing to spend the money and take care of them, nice glasses are a fantastic investment depending on where you live.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dan bright, you're wrong. Sports glasses are great for sports, period.

As for me I spent $120ish on ray bans that fit my head great. Love em. My mom has Maui Jims and they're fantastic. If you are willing to spend the money and take care of them, nice glasses are a fantastic investment depending on where you live.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats fine, i can be wrong sometimes! h8t how they look :/
Old 07-07-2007, 05:06 PM

I have had two pairs of Von Zipper aviators at $80 a piece:

These were ok, fit a little small on my head and were very fragile. I bent both frames that I had and I am not very rough with my glasses. The lenses were awesome though.

I now have this pair, $90:

I like the way these fit and the size of the lenses a lot more, but they mess up my depth perception so backing up in a car you might want to take them off. Other than that, they are my favorite pair of sunglasses I have ever worn.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:49 PM

I own a pair of Maui Jim South Shores ~$239 when I purchased them a year or so ago. These glasses (and all maui jim products) provide great clarity and are great for driving. I will never buy another brand of glasses the rest of my life. They range anywhere from 150 up to the 400s for some models, but are great glasses
Old 07-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Wondercall,

I really dig that second pair. Your post influenced me to look them up immediately, good choosin'