Default Re: Bears Vs. Seahawks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow big time play by Rexy!

[/ QUOTE ]

HUGE play, to just state the obvious.

Uh oh, reveiw here?

[/ QUOTE ]

they didn't review the big pass verse Tampa to set up the game-winning fg either

NFL is a lovely organization with incompetence that knows no bounds
Old 01-14-2007, 06:35 PM

Face it without Harris and Brown the D is nowhere near as good. Hasn't that been obvious the last 4 weeks. I don't think the D has tried to play horrible lately they just have. Harris obviously makes a HUGE impact.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Matter what the refs try and throw at our ass we [censored] Win the game baby. Root for the [censored] Saints all you want BEAR DOWN baby we are going all the [censored] WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm....officiating has gone the Bears way pretty decisively this year. It was funny to see them blow the gift possession they got after Seattle was flagged for trying to cause a false start on the FG. Punt return was a clear block-in-the-back. It's amazing a penalty was actually called on a Hester return. The Rams weren't so fortunate during the obvious holds on Hester's runbacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on that was dead obvious and a terrible Ron Turner play call on third and 10 when he could have run the ball for three yards would have made that game not even gone into overtime.

I think it's time for you to give the Bears credit. If the whole team shows up there are not many teams who can beat them.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...that statement goes for any team in the NFL...if the whole team shows up...LOL

If Holmgren spreads the defense out at all on short yardage situations, the Seahawks win. Alas, he wasn't that smart. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Face it without Harris and Brown the D is nowhere near as good. Hasn't that been obvious the last 4 weeks. I don't think the D has tried to play horrible lately they just have. Harris obviously makes a HUGE impact.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly....quite a few laughed at me when I said Harris was the defensive MVP on the NFC. He is a huge difference. The Bears are barely above average on defense without him.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Matter what the refs try and throw at our ass we [censored] Win the game baby. Root for the [censored] Saints all you want BEAR DOWN baby we are going all the [censored] WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm....officiating has gone the Bears way pretty decisively this year. It was funny to see them blow the gift possession they got after Seattle was flagged for trying to cause a false start on the FG. Punt return was a clear block-in-the-back. It's amazing a penalty was actually called on a Hester return. The Rams weren't so fortunate during the obvious holds on Hester's runbacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

MT2R, aside from Chicago-related threads, you're a very good poster. I really wish you wouldn't make a fool of yourself by saying things like the Bears had officiating go their way all year. Every team has calls go for or against them.

Also, the Bears are probably not one of the top 5 teams in football right now, and I'd say that list is dominated by AFC teams. However, they are a solid top 10 team, and are by no means "crummy."
Old 01-14-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on that was dead obvious and a terrible Ron Turner play call on third and 10 when he could have run the ball for three yards would have made that game not even gone into overtime.

I think it's time for you to give the Bears credit. If the whole team shows up there are not many teams who can beat them.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...that statement goes for any team in the NFL...if the whole team shows up...LOL

If Holmgren spreads the defense out at all on short yardage situations, the Seahawks win. Alas, he wasn't that smart. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Start drinking it will make this thread more fun. either that or I'll wait until tomarrow to Post.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MT2R, aside from Chicago-related threads, you're a very good poster. I really wish you wouldn't make a fool of yourself by saying things like the Bears had officiating go their way all year. Every team has calls go for or against them.

Also, the Bears are probably not one of the top 5 teams in football right now, and I'd say that list is dominated by AFC teams. However, they are a solid top 10 team, and are by no means "crummy."

[/ QUOTE ]

ironic that i'm referred to as a good poster except when talking about xxx's city or xxx's team

anyway, I only brought up the officiating as a response. I thought today's game was relatively fair with a few blown calls going against each team. I believe the game threads on Chicago-STL and Chicago-TB both had multiple comments about the scales tipping Chicago's way. Those were two recent ones that popped to mind right away.

'crummy' was a relative term. The Bears are above average. I've given them credit numerous times this year. I do think they'd be crummy for a SuperBowl team. Clearly, that is a high standard.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyway, I only brought up the officiating as a response. I thought today's game was relatively fair with a few blown calls going against each team. I believe the game threads on Chicago-STL and Chicago-TB both had multiple comments about the scales tipping Chicago's way. Those were two recent ones that popped to mind right away.

[/ QUOTE ]

So because the majority (or your perceived majority) of 2p2 posters think that Chicago had the officiating go their way in two games, that means that Chicago was favored throughout the year?

I understand that you were responding to another poster who also made a retarded comment, but, IMO, bad officiating evens out by year's end.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:08 AM

I came home from the game and fell asleep, just woke up. Here are some thoughts:

The poster who called Bears fans morons for not noticing the flag on the Hester punt return is a dunce. I was at the game it was very hard for most of the crowd to see when there were flags thrown blaming the crowd for paying more attention to Hester than refs is idiocy.

I expected a lot more out of the bears defense. They should have been able to get a turn over on one of the plays on the Seahawks first drive which. It tillman intercepts that pass there it is 14-0 and I think the bears are able to win a lot easier.

Grossman played his ass off and I think he really has his head on straight. Very few bad plays out of him, and I expect him to do better in the next game against NO.

It was a great game to attend cheering and high-fiving over fans for every touchdown. The over-time field-goal will go down as one of my favorite sports moments ever. Gonna be hard to top that one anytime soon.

Great game to attend even though it was pretty damn cold out there.

GO BEARS!
Old 01-15-2007, 03:50 PM

Hmmm, friends should not let friends post drunk.

Allow me to apologize. I don't think the officiating was bad in this game. Most of my comments had to do with some of the people I was watching the game with talking about the NFL falling all over themselves to get the NFC championship game in New Orleans. That and FOX being unable to find a pretty obvious block in the back in a timely fashion.

Had to love the way the Bears offense played. That is the type of game you want from them. Both running backs running well. Rex finding the open man and playing smart. The offensive line missed some blitz pick-ups, that Miller miss of Julian Peterson led directly to the fumble. Of course Grossman running backwards at the first sign of pressure does not help.

I was very disapointed in the defense. You can blame it on Tommie Harris, but the problem is not with him. They tackled very poorly yesterday. The pass rush from the front four is non-existent. It lacked any energy or drive. Harris is a great pass rusher, but they should be able to get more pressure. Mark Anderson showed some rookie mistakes trying some of the same moves on Walter Jones. Tank Johnson gets run up field too often and leaves easy step up lanes. They will need pressure against the Saints.

What happened to the special teams this week? They had an almost all time great season and then the playoffs start and they can't cover a kick.

It will be interesting to see if Payton kicks to Hestor. At this point the Hestor muff is just something you will have to live with now and again. Some great coaching by Toub has really made him smart. He no longer tries to do too much when he muffs. He just covers the ball up and lives for another day. It was pretty funny when they got that line drive kick right in the middle of the field. My jaw hit the ground. I think it suprised the rookie a bit too.

When this weekend started I liked the Saints match-up better than the Eagles. I guess I got my wish.