Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Examples of what is killing my game

Flop: You played this alright. You raised it up preflop and whiffed the flop. I don't understand why you put him on a flush draw though. With that flop and his flop bet, I'd put him on 2 pair or a set.

Turn: No draw completed and you bet strong after showing weakness on the flop. Your line doesn't make sense unless you spiked a set of queens.

If another diamond had hit on the turn, you could make that same bet and represent the flush. That would put the villain in a tough spot.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:02 PM

What else do you want me to say?

[ QUOTE ]
This is what I think I should have done. I should have either potted the flop or even better reraise his bet on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Potting the flop is standard.

c/ring that flop is probably terrible because I doubt you ever do that with a made hand.

The turn donk is also bad because you again probably never take that line with a made hand.

I think you played this hand about as incorrectly as possible.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/ring that flop is probably terrible because I doubt you ever do that with a made hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not true. I would do that to attempt to extract more money in a small pot like this. I have done it before and it has been successful in getting a weak draw or a weak two pair to fold. This is why I thought it may be a good play in this instance. If he reraised then it is an easy fold because potting then reraising would indicate top set to me here.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played this hand about as incorrectly as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I am not showing an example of a well played hand here. I was reviewing my whole pokertracker database to find my WORST played hands... thus why it is SO BAD!

Unfortunately, I played badly after I took a lot of bad beats on the 1st of November. So I am reviewing all my mistakes. No matter how ugly!

I am still a noobie Crush. Gimme a break, okay? You didn't have to be ugly. This is why I mentioned how bad my play was from the start, so I didn't get a bunch of posts saying how this was bad.

I wanted to see different perspectives on how to play this hand since it isn't very standard.

That is the point of posting here isn't it? If I just post all my wonderfully played hands, it would be a back slapping session.

Sorry if I am being a bit rude to you, but you have been a bit rude lately... at least to me you have.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not true. I would do that to attempt to extract more money in a small pot like this. I have done it before and it has been successful in getting a weak draw or a weak two pair to fold. This is why I thought it may be a good play in this instance. If he reraised then it is an easy fold because potting then reraising would indicate top set to me here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should really analyze what you're saying here. I'll hold your hand...

The paragraph I just quoted was in response to me saying that you never do this with a made hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Not true. I would do that to attempt to extract more money in a small pot like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. That part is fair enough if you're checking to someone who will always bet when checked to but will shut down to a bet.

However...

[ QUOTE ]
I have done it before and it has been successful in getting a weak draw or a weak two pair to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an issue. If you are taking this line with a made hand, why would you WANT a worse hand/draw to fold?
Old 11-25-2007, 08:51 PM

In this case I would want them to fold.

I am guessing you mean when I have a made hand... in response to this, typically, I do it with bottom set. I usually don't want to give them a chance to draw out on bottom set or a mid set at times. Make sense.

BTW thanks for holding my hand nice to know you are there for me Crush!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In this case I would want them to fold.

I am guessing you mean when I have a made hand... in response to this, typically, I do it with bottom set. I usually don't want to give them a chance to draw out on bottom set or a mid set at times. Make sense.

BTW thanks for holding my hand nice to know you are there for me Crush!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have bottom set and you put your opponent on something weak then you do want to make it incorrect for them to draw out, but you certainly don't want them to fold.