Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Message From Senator Durbin

I have sent a letter with the PPA to the House-Senate and Mr Durbin reply. I am glad that I recived a reply and for other that have sent a latter they to have or will get a reply. The bad news is it not what most poker player wanted. He said that there is a lot of debate over it but most of the US does not want Internet gambling and poker is group into that. The cons won over the pro for Internet poker he says. The cons where amount of money spent,unregulated nature of this business, Internet sites often fail to block access to gambling by children and often lack effective safeguards against fraud. When a House-Senate conference committee met to work out differences in their separate versions of the bill, the conferees added language regarding Internet gambling, and that got put into the SAFE Port Act of 2006. SAFE Port Act prohibits those who are in the business of gambling from knowingly accepting credit cards, checks, electronic fund transfers.

So the reply was not what poker player wanted but it still good to get a reply, it just are job to show that poker is more a game of skill then it is of game of luck. We are only going to be able to play poker on the Internet if we show that poker is more like a game of chess then it is to slots.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Message From Senator Durbin

You will get more responses if you put this in the Legislation form.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...&Board=law