Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Ultimate Bet withdrawal short $25

I requested an amount over $2000 in order to get free courier service. I guess they are no longer doing this?

I also received a check from the German bank via snail mail, for $25 less than my cashout.

I have emailed UB, but have not had no response in the past to email correspondence, so I'm not holding my breath.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Bet withdrawal short $25

[ QUOTE ]
I requested an amount over $2000 in order to get free courier service. I guess they are no longer doing this?

I also received a check from the German bank via snail mail, for $25 less than my cashout.

I have emailed UB, but have not had no response in the past to email correspondence, so I'm not holding my breath.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also got a check that I paid for the courier service but it came normal mail except that it took the exact same amount of time to get here as the last check I got which came via fedex....so whatever UB.

Also, they've always responded to my emails fairly quickly - maybe you're a criminal.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:16 PM

I requested a cashout from AP on the 11th and still havent received anything.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:40 PM

i received the same check in german, for 5k from AP. had no problems depositing it, but they did put a hold on it for a week. which is fine by me.

also to note, fedex wasnt an option, but i somehow still got the check in less than a week. i was surprised and pleased.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:28 PM

No, I'm not a criminal. I am happy to report that they did respond to my email within a reasonable time frame and refunded the $25.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Received very strange check from Absolute

I just got the same type of check from Absolute as well. My bank wouldn't cash it and told me I'd have to take it to collections which would be a fee of at least $100. Sounded like BS to me, but that's what they said. They said if I was in Germany I could cash it. I don't understand, don't international checks get processed daily? I don't know what to do and was hoping someone here would have some advice.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got the same type of check from Absolute as well. My bank wouldn't cash it and told me I'd have to take it to collections which would be a fee of at least $100. Sounded like BS to me, but that's what they said. They said if I was in Germany I could cash it. I don't understand, don't international checks get processed daily? I don't know what to do and was hoping someone here would have some advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speak to a supervisor or get a new bank.

All, checks are checks. As long as it is from a legit bank in a first world country, it doesn't matter what country it comes from. This one even happens to have a branch in New York. A hold is one thing, refusal is ridiculous.

I suspect many of you look like kids trying to pull a fast one or at least that's what the teller sees. Don't be afraid. Get a supervisor, tell them it's a legitimate check from a legitimate business transaction and you want it deposited. Again, there may be a longer than normal hold but it should be taken.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speak to a supervisor or get a new bank.

All, checks are checks. As long as it is from a legit bank in a first world country, it doesn't matter what country it comes from. This one even happens to have a branch in New York. A hold is one thing, refusal is ridiculous.

I suspect many of you look like kids trying to pull a fast one or at least that's what the teller sees. Don't be afraid. Get a supervisor, tell them it's a legitimate check from a legitimate business transaction and you want it deposited. Again, there may be a longer than normal hold but it should be taken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Collections is what a bank does for international checks. The bank sends check to forgien bank to be paid ie collected. Once the bank gets money from bank they give it to you. This is a standard banking practice and takes time. Not regulated by government as to time frame like US checks. This is why regs were written regarding time frames for US banks. Banks used to make funds availale when they felt like it.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:20 PM

if these idiot tellers ask you what its from tell them its a commission check from a brokerage in europe, or from a trust account that your uncle handles for you...

these bank tellers are a fkn joke, its not their job to be giving funny looks at people and prying into where the money came from anyway... the checks the sites are sending out are all golden, just go into the bank with that attitude and your fine...
Old 03-01-2007, 03:14 PM

I went back to my bank and spoke with someone else. She was more informative and helpful, and explained to me that the reason they had to send for collections was that there were no routing numbers on the bottom of the check. Does anyone remember (or someone still have a check) if your check had routing numbers?

I even told her it was from an online poker site and she didn't blink an eye at that. I could tell that she was trying to gauge how nervous I was by saying things like "hmm, I got one of these foreign ones before and it was no good." But she didn't act like the collections thing was the end of the world like the first teller did.