Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2007, 09:34 AM

Default Starting over AND getting a student !!

First of for everyone who doesn't know me;
I've been playing poker for 2 years or so now, and I have been playing seriously for the past 3 months. During these 3 months I quickly moved up from nl25 to nl200 (and even a bit of nl400). I've been posting on uNL and ssnl a lot in these 3 months although lately only at ssnl.

Now on to the plan;
1) I remove my entire bankroll excepth 1000$, this will be my starting bankroll for nl50. I have just started a small business (if anybody is interested in starting a business of there own in herbalife, send me a PM) and I want the money to be available in real life.
2) I am taking up a student that I basically teach everything I know, preferably some one who can play on party poker since I'll be playing there as well. I am doing this to force myself to explain the fundementals to a student and by doing so forcing myself to think them over again. This is mostly done for my personal development and it will be a nice challenge for myself. I am only going to take up a single student.
3) I will help you to identify your leaks and prepare you for each limit. We'll progress individualy based on standard bankroll requirements.
4) My personal goal is to be back at nl200 within a month.

The move up plan is;
1) At 20 buy ins for the next limit we start taking shots (so with 2000$ bankroll I start taking shots at 100nl).
2) If we drop to 25 buy ins for the previous limit we drop back down (so if I try to move up with 2000$ I move down again when I hit 1500$).
3) We will NEVER have less than 15 buy ins for the limit we are playing at.

Anybody who is interested in being my student please post in this thread the following;
1) What site do you play?
2) What limits do you play?
3) Experience?
4) Goals with poker (for instance what limits are you trying to reach)?
5) You need a drive to improve, this is WAY more important than your current skill level. I don't mind to explain everything twice as long as you listen and try to understand and build this into your game. If this doesn't work out the way I want, I will take up a different student (this is a last resort type of thing).
6) I am considering posting some of our conversations here in uNL and ssnl if they contain a good discussion, if you guys are interested in this anyway. Hmmm actually this might make a good pooh bah post where I basically record my students progress and the pitfalls we experience together.

Thank you for your time, I hope to get a lot of responces. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ps. I prefer that people post there responces in this thread so I have everything neatly together, I will send a PM if I want more information and I'll keep everyone updated in this thread.
Pss. I am going to keep posting in ssnl because that is my home after all, however I am going to make a effort to visit uNL a bit more often...
Psss. This will all be done over aim, so if you don't have it tough luck. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Pssss. This is completely free of charge. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]