Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Fall Fashions (and good deals on fashions!)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
re:boots, check Kenneth Cole.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the closest i could find at KC. very nice looking, but they're Sand Suede.

thanks though. i wanted a brown pair as well and these are def. very nice. good price too.

[/ QUOTE ]

25% off too, might have to buy those puppies
Old 09-17-2007, 02:20 PM

Ari,

You go to Barneys.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ari,

You go to Barneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Confused. What does that mean? I think I'm gonna go this sunday though and see what fall stuff they have. Sometimes though there markdowns/discounts post season are so spectacular that I can't justify buying what I like in season... I bought a $60 shirt in one color in season 3 months later different color was $15....
Old 09-17-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes though there markdowns/discounts post season are so spectacular that I can't justify buying what I like in season... I bought a $60 shirt in one color in season 3 months later different color was $15....

[/ QUOTE ]

it's for this reason I pay clothes at full retail price 0% of the time. those Penguin blazers I linked above sold for $450 a couple months ago, and now they cost $50? wtf? that's an extreme example, but basically all of my clothes have been bought when they were at least 30% off, often 50% or more. I generally buy decent brands, nothing too fancy (think Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Polo, stuff like that) but these 'labels' are large enough that good deals can very be found at seasons end. since I have very little concept of "the newest thing" I'm fine with this. the clothes I buy don't aren't usually the ones that will go out of style any time soon, anyways.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes though there markdowns/discounts post season are so spectacular that I can't justify buying what I like in season... I bought a $60 shirt in one color in season 3 months later different color was $15....

[/ QUOTE ]

it's for this reason I pay clothes at full retail price 0% of the time. those Penguin blazers I linked above sold for $450 a couple months ago, and now they cost $50? wtf? that's an extreme example, but basically all of my clothes have been bought when they were at least 30% off, often 50% or more. I generally buy decent brands, nothing too fancy (think Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Polo, stuff like that) but these 'labels' are large enough that good deals can very be found at seasons end. since I have very little concept of "the newest thing" I'm fine with this. the clothes I buy don't aren't usually the ones that will go out of style any time soon, anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Unless your clothes and shoes are custom made or you want a specific item from a specific brand, you can almost always find what you want at a discount.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha the shoes + houndstooth pillow picture is awesome in a crisp new england autumn sort of way

not my style but i love it all the same

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. The bed is awesomely ridiculous

I'm really not that grand of a person.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ari,

You go to Barneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Confused. What does that mean? I think I'm gonna go this sunday though and see what fall stuff they have. Sometimes though there markdowns/discounts post season are so spectacular that I can't justify buying what I like in season... I bought a $60 shirt in one color in season 3 months later different color was $15....

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an order to buy the Coop brand shoes, I don't like KenCole! The only problem with waiting if you have my body (tall & thin) many clothes will be sold by the end of the season.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:57 PM

Ah, I'm short and fat, so I don't have to worry [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 09:43 PM

Where is this Barney's Co-op? I just googled it and the only one I saw was in NYC. That's on the right coast, I"m closer to the left coast.

Regarding blazers, I was at T.J. Maxx w/ my gf the other day and saw a very, very nice tan Ralph Lauren 3 button blazer for ~$40 on sale from $198 (or so they say)
I would def. go w/ RL for blazers, very comfy and stylish.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:33 PM

What if you have a muscular build? I have the hardest time finding clothes that fit right because my chest/shoulders/arms are big and my waist is little...everything looks funny because there is so much extra fabric if I get it to fit my shoulders.