Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Live (Poss Boring) A4s Hand

Wanted to post this hand from the other day to see if anyone here goes for the overcalls or just plays it ABC style. 4/8 very passive table. Not too many PF raises at all for an hour. Whenever someone raised PF almost the whole table would fold.

Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and limps, UTG+1(old passive)calls, MP1(even older passive)calls, CO calls, BTN calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop(7 SBs) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] SB bets, BB folds, Hero?

I still had 4 more players yet to act after me. I knew that if I raised here that I would probably fold most except the SB. That's how it had been playing. They would jump ship at the sign of any aggression at all. Likely scenarios: I raise here, they all fold except for the SB who calls me down, I raise here and get some callers who got a piece of the flop or may ahve a lone heart,I call the SBs flop bet & hope a few others call or raise and build a bigger pot. Pot is smallish right now at 7 SBs. Normally I just push this flopped hand hard at a regular loose 4/8 live table because it is hardly ever a problem to get many callers chasing something down with a flop like this. Not this table though. Strange table.

I'm probably overthinking this one but the fact that this table was playing like this made me pause in thought that a call might have been a better play here going for overcalls & waiting till the turn to pop it.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Live (Poss Boring) A4s Hand

Easy call, made easier by the fact that the king is out. No one has that great a flush draw and 2 bets will scare almost everyone out.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:32 AM

Call the flop and see who sticks with you. I'd pop the turn and hope some hearts stick around.

Would not suggest this at a normal 4-8 but if the game is that passive might as well try it because you probably wont need to do this very often at these limits.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:55 AM

Easy call here, You have a very strong hand here a free card is very unlikely to hurt you as they are drawing slim. So build a pot for yourself when you have high equity and take the line that puts the most money in the middle for you to take down the possible four extra calls are worth more than the extra bet gained from the sb.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:36 AM

Easy call, watch out when the board pairs.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:44 AM

calling is okay. you can even hope it gets raised behind you. thing is, most any hand that is going to give action isn't going anywhere just because you raised the flop. a set is calling down. two pair is calling down. a decent heart is chasing. calling the flop and popping the turn is going to scare everyone away for sure. at least raising the flop *may* tie them to calling down if another [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
calling is okay. you can even hope it gets raised behind you. thing is, most any hand that is going to give action isn't going anywhere just because you raised the flop. a set is calling down. two pair is calling down. a decent heart is chasing. calling the flop and popping the turn is going to scare everyone away for sure. at least raising the flop *may* tie them to calling down if another [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I would most likely just raise the flop and hope a few of them flopped big hands of their own. I honestly don't think I've ever slowplayed anything at 3/6, or 4/8. Even with those table conditions, just raise.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably overthinking this one but the fact that this table was playing like this made me pause in thought that a call might have been a better play here going for overcalls & waiting till the turn to pop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this at all. You flopped the nuts, you don't want to chase anyone away...so you wait for the scary big bet street to pop it in early position? This seems horrible.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:34 AM

I don't think it is horrible at all for the way this table weas playing at the time. I usually don't slow play at all but this may be one time to think about at least.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:17 PM

Grunch. I think this one is an easy call along. Live players can be afraid of their own shadows sometimes and the only way you are getting any action in this hand is if we let someone draw to their gutshot cheap or hit two pair somewhere.

See if you can get some calls here and hope the bettor checks to you on the turn so you don't have to raise the whole field out there.

You're likely not making much on this hand.