Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 09:01 AM

Default 1/2 JJ multiway

OK Two questions just to make sure

Should I check flop in order to get in a check/raise to push people out Ed Miller style ??

Should I check river (WA/WB) ??

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 05-24-2007, 09:36 AM

Default Re: 1/2 JJ multiway

betbetbet &gt; stop thinking about checking Rivers with good hands
Old 05-24-2007, 09:57 AM

nh

how can you say it is wa/wb on the river? I do not think that means what you think it means.

wa/wb implies more cards to come and that either you or villain are drawing to &lt;= 3 outs.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nh

how can you say it is wa/wb on the river? I do not think that means what you think it means.

wa/wb implies more cards to come and that either you or villain are drawing to &lt;= 3 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a an NL expression, and the reason for using this here with no more cards to come is that if you bet, villian has the option to shove over your bet thus make you crap your pants or throw up in your mouth.
So therefore in such situations it is common to either check/call rivers ... to keep pot small and induce bluffs. (either that or blockbet)

Here such considerations are not as severe, but it is a reflex reaction of mine.

I tend to recall Mason and David advocating checking rivers oop in HEFAP, but it's more than a year since I read it, and it was written in weaktight FR days, so .... ?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nh

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a an NL expression, and the reason for using this here with no more cards to come is that if you bet, villian has the option to shove over your bet thus make you crap your pants or throw up in your mouth.
So therefore in such situations it is common to either check/call rivers ... to keep pot small and induce bluffs. (either that or blockbet)

Here such considerations are not as severe, but it is a reflex reaction of mine.

I tend to recall Mason and David advocating checking rivers oop in HEFAP, but it's more than a year since I read it, and it was written in weaktight FR days, so .... ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shorthanded limit is sweet cuz you don't have to worry about this. Its easy to call a raise.