Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 07:07 AM

Default 1/2$ C/R on flop with marginal hand

First few orbits no read other than villian isn't a retard

Should I defend here ?

Is calling down passively better ?

Or should I just donk the flop ?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB
Old 05-23-2007, 07:20 AM

Default Re: 1/2$ C/R on flop with marginal hand

Preflop is a fold for me until i have a read that villain steals much to wide.

After you decide to invest money to see this flop you need to play middle pair. I think c/r flop, bet turn is a standard line here b/c it puts pressure on villain.

I dont like a donk because its doesnt extract money from weaker hands. If villain calls you have still no information about his hand strength. How would you play the turn after your flop donk gets a raise? When your c/r gets a 3bet its an easy fold.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:47 AM

I also think pf is a fold against an unknown.

On the flop, your c/r is good. A lot of the time you will fold hands like QJ, QT, JT, etc, which have 6 live outs against you. If they don't fold, you charge them to draw.

If you get into lots of blind-fights against the same opponent, you might have to vary your line a little, but I think the one you took should be the standard.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:57 AM

Hi,

I take it you called the raise pre-flop as you suspect a steal; but surely 86o is never worth defending even if the player steals on a regular basis?

CK