Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: High Schooler Dresses up as KKK member for Halloween

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do Americans want to be called Americens? Or Amaricans?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anybody cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. It's nice to see you speak for everybody though.

I just tend to get frustrated by typical American arrogance and ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone accidentally spelling it wrong is "American arrogance and ignorance"? I've said it before and I'll say it again: Canadiens constantly bashing America and praising Canada because Americans are so "arrogant and ignorant" just makes Canadiens look...*gasp* arrogant and ignorant. Noone brought anything of that sort up until you did, quit trolling
Old 11-08-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever. It's nice to see you speak for everybody though.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right. Americans aren't offended by things like this because we don't have a huge chip on our shoulder regarding our nationality.

[ QUOTE ]
I just tend to get frustrated by typical American arrogance and ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]

10K geography fight yo?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:42 PM

It's not an accident misspelling. It's ignorance.

And yes we bash the US. Why not, it's probably the worst country in the developed world lol.

It is well known that the average American knows very little about things outside the US. This is, of course, the fault of a horrendous school system and a clueless right-wing media. You people spend more time praying than you do learning or thinking.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And yes we bash the US. Why not, it's probably the worst country in the developed world lol.

It is well known that the average American knows very little about things outside the US. This is, of course, the fault of a horrendous school system and a clueless right-wing media. You people spend more time praying than you do learning or thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of hard to have a civil conversation with someone like you. Who's coming off as ignorant and arrogant? methinks it's you, and I'd be willing to bet the rest of the forum would agree.

I dont have a problem with Canada, why would I? Every country has its share of dumbasses, and you become one of them when you see someone getting interviewed during Jaywalking (a bit on Jay Leno) and assume that's what the rest of the population is like. Maybe you get a larger dose of it because this is primarily an American forum. My guess is that if I were to wander onto a fairly large Canadian forum I'd find a very considerable % of drooling idiots as well. I can also guess that a citizen from the US not knowing much about what's outside of the US is a characteristic shared by a lot of other people, from a number of different countries.

You're coming off really bad here, I think you should just take a step back and look at what you're saying.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:12 PM

He didn't screw it up he was just using the French spelling of Canadian. Some Canadian you are failing to recognize one of our official languages.

Edit: ment to quote evank15
Old 11-08-2007, 08:29 PM

I find the costume to be pretty amusing and have no problem with it at all. FWIW I was at a college-age Halloween party where someone had a bloodsoaked T shirt with bullet holes that said "Columbine High school Class of 1999". If this was not a problem, a KKK outfit shouldn't be.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find the costume to be pretty amusing and have no problem with it at all. FWIW I was at a college-age Halloween party where someone had a bloodsoaked T shirt with bullet holes that said "Columbine High school Class of 1999". If this was not a problem, a KKK outfit shouldn't be.

[/ QUOTE ]

if it doesn't bother you fine, but you can't make that decision for someone else. i'm not saying i'm ready to take to the streets b/c he did this, but i find it mildly offensive. i can recall instances of seeing a kkk costume which i felt were somewhat offensive but funny nonetheless-- the chappelle show and blazing saddles come to mind. i think there's a significant difference b/t doing something like this on a tv show and in a school.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:03 PM

lol at this thread. I find cigarette smoke to be offensive. It kills far more people than the KKK ever did, it stinks, and it ruins my dinner when restaurants allow smoking.

However, when people have the right to smoke in public I don't go around protesting and acting a fool.

If these kids are racist, at least they're standing up for what they believe in. Do I agree with it? Nope. But I'm glad I live in a country that lets believe in what I want to believe in.

Was it offensive to some people? Sure, but wearing a cross may be offensive to some people. Does that mean you shouldn't do it?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are offended a little too easily and I feel that this is much clearer than people offended by the costume, which I can see where they are coming from.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at this thread. I find cigarette smoke to be offensive. It kills far more people than the KKK ever did, it stinks, and it ruins my dinner when restaurants allow smoking.

However, when people have the right to smoke in public I don't go around protesting and acting a fool.

If these kids are racist, at least they're standing up for what they believe in. Do I agree with it? Nope. But I'm glad I live in a country that lets believe in what I want to believe in.

Was it offensive to some people? Sure, but wearing a cross may be offensive to some people. Does that mean you shouldn't do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Smoking is a good example.