Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: result

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ive discussed hand 2 with a lot of people and we all agreed the c/r there is the most random ill advised c/r ever. no better hand will fold and no worse hand will call. ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't call with say AT on Hand 2? I'm sure you value bet it there from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. And as other players have said (e.g. Ian), some better hands will fold here. I think that mike's assessment of this being the worst river checkraise ever is a faulty assessment. That said, I still think it's a bad checkraise by roc.

J
Old 07-07-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Re: result

I agree 100% with Josh here. It's tough though because I never would have been in that exact situation with the 33. Not that you played it bad Mike, I just would have checked. I kind of just like to show down against him because he's one of a handful of players who when you play him you can never be quite sure wtf he has, so showing down seems to take precedent as opposed to opening yourself up to possibly making a mistake.

Not to be a downer, but Roc very easily could have shown up with a 4 in this hand as well Mike, so really we're putting in 2 bets and we're unsure. We can't say "Roc would bet a 4 here, so his c/r is some random bluff for sure."