Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: I have a pair so stop raising me [censored]!

[ QUOTE ]
I take villain's line with a Q pretty often fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you said that, cuz so do I. People never want to believe I have the goods when I bet it hard, and I get paid off really well that way. My initial reaction to reading this hand play out was that the villian had precisely the queen. I know I'm still green at this game though.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raising the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't we raise the flop here? I'd raise it as a bluff on this board and I don't want to always just call when I hit a 7. Metagame? I'm raising for value/protection cuz he doesn't have me beat on this flop a huge % of the time 3 handed.

I don't think I made some stellar play here, I just want some discussion on pros and cons of raising flop. That by itself is good discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the flop is very, very good for shania. It's good that your flop raising range isn't polarized, but from an equity standpoint getting the money in with your hand is really bad.

Think about the range he 3bets AND calls a shove with. That's the real problem with your play. The raise is good, but I fold to his 3bet.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:18 AM

Yeah, the push is just a feel play. It's never good on paper I'm afraid. It woulda been cool if I got looked up by K7 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. He just folded though, so I guess it was just a pissin match.

I guess I got myself into trouble raising that flop, but was able to dig myself out. Most weaker TAGs/nits would just fold even if they knew I was FOS. I was definitely thinking Yeti even though I hate that theory, cuz I'd play a Q like this too [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]