Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Reraised pot w/ SLAG/2+2er

Looks good.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:59 PM

I just ran the numbers and thought our equity would improve greatly if we hit a diamond on the turn, but our equity drops from 36% to 34% against KK/AA

So I'd call here, fold turn if no diamond and he bets, check turn if no diamond and he checks, as well as check turn if he checks and a diamond hits ( for fear of stackadonk?? ) ... I'd call a turn bet if a diamond hits since we're deeper

It's passive, but it's not like we're exactly coin flipping here against his 3betting range ...
Old 08-08-2007, 01:01 PM

Just saw Td hits turn ... I stand by checking through the turn.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:07 PM

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $28</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $20.

Flop: ($58) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $34</font>, Hero calls $34.

Turn: ($126) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $84</font>, SB calls $84

River: ($294) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF"> (2 players)</font>
SB checks

do we ever bluff here???
Oh, 2+2er is AnthonyH fwiw
Old 08-08-2007, 01:09 PM

I think this is good. I don't think you'll get stack a donked here often with that card hitting but you'll see a scared QQ/KK check/call here in total confusion.

I think you should jam any river if you do or dont get there if the card is under the board, if he's reasonable he'll tense up and drop QQ/KK which is his likely hand if he just calls the turn.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:10 PM

I bluff here. I'm betting closer to pot than in other spots (~$240 here) trying to rep a 10 or 99.

I think its believable and would put him to a ridiculously tough decision. I think a 2+2er gives you credit here.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:17 PM

turn is a check, regardless of how much we want to bet

we're not folding out any better hands that aren't folding to a river bet, so all we're doing is inflating the pot against overpairs who are stacking us 100% of the time in a 400xbb pot when we hit a K against their KK, the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] against their AA, etc.

basically his range when he checks this turn is still almost all overpairs that are not going to fold at any point in this hand, and who will play perfectly against us when we do hit our hand. we're not folding out any better hands here and the only possible argument for betting is so that we fold out AK/AQ (who doesn't cbet flop 100% of the time), and who has like no equity whatsoever considering we are betting 100% of rivers if they check again.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:04 PM

I would check turn too, after all DS himself says in his NL book that the better the draw and the less FE the more often you should check behind.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
turn is a check, regardless of how much we want to bet

we're not folding out any better hands that aren't folding to a river bet, so all we're doing is inflating the pot against overpairs who are stacking us 100% of the time in a 400xbb pot when we hit a K against their KK, the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] against their AA, etc.

basically his range when he checks this turn is still almost all overpairs that are not going to fold at any point in this hand, and who will play perfectly against us when we do hit our hand. we're not folding out any better hands here and the only possible argument for betting is so that we fold out AK/AQ (who doesn't cbet flop 100% of the time), and who has like no equity whatsoever considering we are betting 100% of rivers if they check again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree turn is a check but not because when he checks his range is only overpairs. Part of it is overpairs but part of it is hands that he completely whiffed and is giving up on, however its not really that important to get those hands to fold because we often have almost half the deck to catch up, and if he checks again on a blank river you can just as easily bet then. Basically the problem with betting the turn is that although you have fold equity, you're not folding any hands that you are in bad shape against/can possibly bluff on missed rivers.