Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Stars 50plo - gutshot+nutflush draw hits on paired board

Consider me completely green to PLO.

Calling from the CO with this hand is fine?

Did I play this draw wrong by reraising the flop? Should I have just called with good odds? I'm used to playing my draws aggressively from playing 6max NL.

Turn check I think is fine.

River check, do I bet here and fold to a raise? How much do I bet? Should I just check? When I think about it, I think a set would have got it in on the flop, but some people are chronic slowplayers.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($24.55)
UTG+1 ($7.65)
<font color="#C00000">MP1 ($55.60)</font>
MP2 ($17.75)
<font color="#C00000">MP3 ($87.85)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($51.65)</font>
Button ($6.25)
SB ($60.40)
BB ($60.55)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $2</font>, MP3 calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $5, MP3 calls $5.

Turn: ($25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $25
Old 05-30-2006, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Stars 50plo - gutshot+nutflush draw hits on paired board

By raising this flop you can easily represent a set-in fact that's what your opponents will assume what you have most of the time you pot/raise an uncoordinated flop. Therefore you should bet the turn as you would normally.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:29 PM

I agree with iron dragon. Based on turn action, you are probably up against ttp and str8 wrap (maybe with k suited). betting out half pot might be enough to take pot. Of course fold to reraise.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:37 PM

Not really a great hand, regardless of position, and even with that many limpers I'd probably fold.

Otherwise I play it the same way post-flop.

I like the flop raise and the absence of any reraises probably rules out top set and maybe even middle set. Most likely you're up against other wrap draws and/or two pair. Once the board pairs, I'd slow down. With several limpers at PLO50 you'll see all sorts of crap at showdown. No reason to bet a draw if the board pairs, even with position. You'll only get action from a made full house (hello check raise) or some random guy with 4xxx still drawing.

On the river, you've either won, and no one is calling, or someone is trying to get fancy for a check raise. No reason to bet. If you bet and get raised on the river, you'd have to fold. Generally the players aren't that tricky at PLO50.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:58 PM

Thanks for the responses. Results:

Villain: shows [T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Qh [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (two pair, Queens and Tens)
Villain mucks.
Hero: shows [J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] (a flush, Ace high)
Hero collected $23.80 from pot