Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 02:45 AM

Default 50nl - QQ - A comes on turn

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $62.35
BB: $48.60
Hero (UTG): $57.25
MP: $52.45
CO: $8.75
BTN: $35.55

Reads: <font color="blue">Villian was 48/8/.5 over 133 hands and just lost a pot where he got caught betting a weak hand.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, MP calls $1.75, 4 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.75</font>, MP calls $3.75

Turn: ($11.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.50</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $11.00</font>, Hero calls $5.50

River: ($33.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $15.00</font>, Hero calls $15.00

Pot Size: $63.75 ($3 Rake)

Make the call for 1/2 pot?
Old 09-06-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Re: 50nl - QQ - A comes on turn

Fold turn seems standard given passive nature of villain. Can't ever seem him bluff raising you or valuebetting worse. If you think he's capable of bluffing the ace then check/call seems a better line. Also, if you're betting half pot on the turn for pot control it's much, much better to check call than bet half pot and call a raise anyway. Would anyone play this differently?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:51 AM

Don' like the size of your turn bet. When you bet weak like that wih a marginal hand it sets you up to be bluffed. Fold turn.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:28 AM

I think it's a fold to the re raise on the turn or a re- raise. Probably would fold 80% and re raise 20% of the time. Flat calling gives you no info on your opponents hand. The re raise on the turn reeks of an Aq. He's calling those bets preflop and flop with something. If he holds Aq which is very possible you are drawing to one out and nearly dead.

The odds your getting to call do not matter if you think your opponent has an A. If you think he doesn't have an A then why not re raise? If he comes over your head its an easy fold.

Whats being accomplished by flat calling the turn re raise and checking and calling the river? Praying hes not bluffing? Why wouldn't he think you have an ace given your preflop and flop action when that A falls on the turn? When he re raises I think its clear he either has a big Ace or better then top pair.

I like the play up until the flat call on the turn. From there it breaks down, no matter what happened at the showdown.

I think its aq, ak, aj maybe set of 77, 99, 22...

Old 09-06-2007, 05:57 AM

I'd make it 8 on the turn at least. Your bet looks pretty scared imo, inviting anyone to bluff you.
But besides that: villain doesn't seem too aggroo so no reason to call his turn raise. I just fold it on the turn. (and fold river too)
Old 09-06-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a fold to the re raise on the turn or a re- raise. Probably would fold 80% and re raise 20% of the time. Flat calling gives you no info on your opponents hand. The re raise on the turn reeks of an Aq. He's calling those bets preflop and flop with something. If he holds Aq which is very possible you are drawing to one out and nearly dead.

The odds your getting to call do not matter if you think your opponent has an A. If you think he doesn't have an A then why not re raise? If he comes over your head its an easy fold.

Whats being accomplished by flat calling the turn re raise and checking and calling the river? Praying hes not bluffing? Why wouldn't he think you have an ace given your preflop and flop action when that A falls on the turn? When he re raises I think its clear he either has a big Ace or better then top pair.

I like the play up until the flat call on the turn. From there it breaks down, no matter what happened at the showdown.

I think its aq, ak, aj maybe set of 77, 99, 22...

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain has ~50% vpip he could call many hands pf, like any Ax, and thats a part of his flop calling range too imo, Ax which hit its kicker or just a call because he doesn't believe you.

I don't understand your raising part - what worse hands will call? K4? Q9? or fd? I doubt he raises that according to his stats. If you think he doesn't have an A he is most likely bluffing and you should not raise a bluffer. Call and call the river.
But besides that: I doubt he's bluffing and fold turn and river.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:00 AM

Folding to the re raise turn is the best play imo. Reverse implied odds given his range once that A fell and he put in the re raise.

Folding QQ here is an expert play....
Old 09-06-2007, 07:14 AM

Bet $8 on turn, then fold to a reraise.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:25 AM

Reads: <font color="blue">Villian was 48/8/.5 over 133 hands and just lost a pot where he got caught betting a weak hand.</font>

I bet something like 8 or 9 on the flop. He wont bluff you as often, and you should dhow strenght when the A hits.

As for the dude talking about 3-betting. 3-betting would be a bluff. If we think he is bluffing we call, then check the river to him.

Im folding this but I would be alot more happy about folding this had I bet 9 on the turn.