Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: OK, Here\'s The Truth

[ QUOTE ]
wow what a waste of my time

remember when I care about someone parsing through DS's posts and what they think about them? yeah, neither do I...

[/ QUOTE ]
But you read it still. Thanks?
Old 06-12-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

that was a short post.

[/ QUOTE ]
No.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:56 AM

this whole thing is getting old like rickrolls. we need something new
Old 06-12-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If she confided in you, it seems somewhat sleazy of you to even mention it here. Unless you cleared it with her first.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my first thought.

The more non-math/science threads I read by DS the creepier he gets and the less I respect him.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:08 PM

I'd like to preface my next comment with one thing: I owe DS a lot in terms of my poker game today. Mind you I paid for all his books, so I suppose he got his too. That said...

DS you remind me of the guys I went to school with that had amazing brains, and zero street smarts. The kind of person who could solve complex equations in their head, and then got leveled by the most basic complications that women/friends/family/random people would present.

There are people on 2+2 who couldn't tell you the square root of 121, but they could tell you that this girl is all wrong. I think it's way too convenient to pull the "oh I didn't know" card.

And on a more NVG note, I'm going to be massively disappointed if you just gave her poker lessons and nothing else. That's so -EV. I'm actually contemplating getting a site going where 2+2ers donate money to a charity, and if you have relations with Brandi, we donate the money to said charity.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:18 PM

Technical math. Poker theory. Inducing bluff.

I do not know how she plays but if I have to guess, she probably bets like 100 into a 5k pot because she doesn't know where's she at and get raised and call anyway because she was "inducing" a bluff.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No

[/ QUOTE ]

She has made strong accusations regarding Tom that you are not refuting.

Are we to assume they are true? Or, is this a case where she is a "little crazy"?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David,

You're starting to annoy me. You of all people should know better than to use NVG as a public forum to express your mea culpa. Do you honestly believe that the 15-20 year olds that populate have will have any recognition of what you are talking about or that you will convince any of the adults here that you are just some disinterested 3rd party who took an interest in younger girl who was known as the biggest drama bomb on the site that you own? Or that you never clicked on Brandi's account name and chose the option to read all her posts? There aren't that many.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with this although I can't say I am annoyed quite yet. Getting there.

David is walking a tightrope and doesn't quite know how to fall on his sword correctly. He doesn't want to piss her off so he perpetuates this myth of her as victim (childhood is always a great fallback postion for nutjobs). He can say, yeah she is messed up, no it is not her fault because of her father/uncle/priest/teacher, but she is a much better poker player then you all think she is. This keeps Brandi happy and reduces the penis-in-back post potential.

He claims complete ingnorance to the blatant theft yet says nothing about distancing himself from someone who he pretty much just posed for a picture with and gave a few poker lessons too. Clearly there is more to this story.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:23 PM

Brandi has played Sklansky like a harp, and he doesn't even realize it.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
explain to me why someone with as much clout and class in the poker community is mixed up in all of this and constantly responding to and making these threads.

Thanks,

Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

The Unlawful Internet Gaming Act

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you saying here? What does the UIGA have to do with it?