Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Account hacked for $40,000

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still waiting to get the hand history details from full tilt so I can find out exactly when everything happened. They have been very slow on giving this to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Them being so slow about this is inexcuseable.

Shahmat - you could try x-posting this in the News, Views, Gossip forum.
There's a lot of sweating that goes on of the high-stakes FT games. Very possible that somebody over there has the HH's from when your account was busy 'taking a shot'.

Really sucks this happened.
FT more and more is scaring the crap out of me. And I don't even play there.

Have we even been hearing much from FTPDoug and FTPSean lately?

They seem pretty sharp, but more and more it just seems it's a lot of, "We're aware of this problem and hope to improve this within the next few weeks."

Well, it's been a lot of "next few weeks".

They seem to have some serious security issues. And I'm not sure they even care.
"The password is YOUR responsibility. We can't be responsible for any problems you have if somebody else gets it."

Well, there are a LOT of problems going on there.
And there ARE ways FT could help protect their players better such as locking it down if it's accessed from another IP...or giving the user the option to ONLY be allowed to access FT from just 1 computer (or perhaps 2, whatever).

For a company that is making so much money to be so nonchalant about a player who loses $40k and to actually truly believe they aren't in the least bit responsible for making their system and security better is pretty ballsy of them imo.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:25 PM

Thats how I feel about it too, they are sorry but don't really care. What is the best way to cross post, just copy the original post and put it in that forum? Theres so many rules here I never know what I can and can't do.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:54 PM

I wouldn't post the exact same original post.

I would post over there, link to this thread, and politely ask if anyone has any HH's of 'you' playing over the weekend.

I don't know think Dids (the mod in that forum) would have a problem with it.
But if it is a problem he would just take down the post or something.
Unlikely you would get banned for life for x-posting something like this based on somebody else telling you that they might have the info you're looking for over there.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats how I feel about it too, they are sorry but don't really care. What is the best way to cross post, just copy the original post and put it in that forum? Theres so many rules here I never know what I can and can't do.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were able to win consistently and win $40,000...play B&M. You have the safety of your money and staff that cares. In online world, nobody gives a [censored].

"I am sorry but your funds were lost in legitimate play."
Old 03-28-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"I am sorry but your funds were lost in legitimate play."

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sarcasti-quote got me thinking. How is it legitimate play if the player wasn't the owner of the account?

What we know about FTP security:

(1) Use screen names as login, so only a password is needed.
(2) There is no way to prohibit logins from other computers or IP addresses.
(3) FTP doesn't have any enhanced security option like SecureID, even for high-rollers or at a fee.
(4) Even if you're logged on, unless you're at your computer 24/7 you can still be hacked.
(5) If you do happen to catch the hackers in time, FTP has no phone support so your email will be in queue with every other email and they won't be able to shut down your account before your money is gone anyway.
(6) FTP takes no responsibility for the money they are holding for you.
(7) Though they will apologize, they don't seem to provide any help in identifying how you were hacked or how your money was lost.

Did I miss anything?
Old 03-28-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(5) If you do happen to catch the hackers in time, FTP has no phone support so your email will be in queue with every other email and they won't be able to shut down your account before your money is gone anyway.
(6) FTP takes no responsibility for the money they are holding for you.
(7) Though they will apologize, they don't seem to provide any help in identifying how you were hacked or how your money was lost.

Did I miss anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just sick when I couldn't get anyone on the phone and had to sit at my computer waiting for an email response. That was one of the worst parts of it all, I'll definitely only be playing on sites that have phone security numbers in the future.

In regard to #7 there they did give me details on who accessed my account. City locations and IP Addresses and that was it. They did not tell me how they verified that no chip dumping was going on, any links to the IP Addresses or any other irregular players playing against me and winning. Also from what I can tell they have pretty much done with it now after 2 days, they don't seem to care anymore, they have not mentioned filing any charges or getting police to look into it. They haven't even responded to questions that I sent them yesterday. I have filed a report with the police on my own, and it also doesn't sound very promising.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

When I've tried logging on to my FTP account from my laptop while logged in on my desktop, something pops up on my desktop saying "Someone is logging on your account on a different computer, do you want to disconnect or deny them access?" and if you don't select anything within 30 seconds, you automatically get disconnected.

So, this isn't a helpful option for security purposes unless they change the default action from "disconnect" to "deny" when you aren't at your computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

From a few pages back in this thread.

I haven't tried myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not true, when someone attempts to login into your account from a remote location, FTP client will ask you:

LOGOUT | DENY

Logging out will allow the remote person to login, deny will deny them entry.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is not true, when someone attempts to login into your account from a remote location, FTP client will ask you:

LOGOUT | DENY

Logging out will allow the remote person to login, deny will deny them entry.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you are logged in 24/7 and are asleep when this comes up, so you do not reply to the prompt? From what other posters have said, it times out and defaults to LOGOUT option, allowing the hacker access.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:12 PM

I was thinking that one reason Full Tilt might be more of a target to hackers is because of the higher stakes games and players there.

It's pretty ridiculous that a site like FTP can spread ridiculously disgusting high games, yet their money handling is really really second rate, including security.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll definitely only be playing on sites that have phone security numbers in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

shahmat - Pokerstars does not have phone-support. Yet I trust them significantly more.
They aren't perfect. But if you e-mail them with a big ATTENTION - EMERGENCY type subject-line it shouldn't take very long at all to get a response and get action taken.

Again, they aren't perfect. Greg Raymer had his account hacked there a couple weeks ago and one wonders if the situation could have been cleared up as easily if it wasn't an official Stars-rep player like him.

But they are much better about support at least even without a phone-number (although I would sure like it if they got one. That would make them even better).