Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Black Friday @ Foxwoods....

I suggest that you guys wait till you hear somebody get called that doesn't take their seat and pretend to be them.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:53 PM

I didn't go on black friday, but three fridays ago during the tournament the list was 150+ for 1/2 NL. That was the worst I had ever seen it, and it sounds like last week just blew that away. You'll most likely never have to wait that long again.

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest that you guys wait till you hear somebody get called that doesn't take their seat and pretend to be them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done this before - my initials there are MV so if any names are on "last call" that sound a little like MV (M/N | BCDE (etc)) I usually say "oh, that's probably me" even if I use automated sign in, and they never question me at all. Of course I've only done this after waiting more than an hour; I'm not a TOTAL douche.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:09 PM

I was actually there Thursday night. Mom and uncle's gf wanted to head down to play slots. I was really feeling the post-dinner coma, so I didn't want to play anything where I needed to be too alert, so I sat at a 4-8 LHE table. I happened to be seated next to a couple of guys who said that they've been coming down to FW every thanksgiving for years, and that it usually gets kind of crazy in the poker room after 9am on Black Friday. Something about coming down before 9 you could get right on a table, after 9 you'd be looking at a 2 hour wait or more.

Sick stuff, but what can you do?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:27 PM

I play 1/2 at Foxwoods on at least a monthly basis. Usually during the week but if I go on the weekend then I get there before noon. The place really starts to fill up in the after noon. Super soft but the wait can get annoying at times. I can't imagine what it was like on a holiday weekend but it really is not worth that long. I imagine the MGM tables will fill up just as fast.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I imagine the MGM tables will fill up just as fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to hijack my own thread, but what is the deal with the MGM expansion? You seem to indicate that the poker room will grow? What are the details?

-pj
Old 11-27-2007, 10:39 AM

I've been told by dealers that as far as they know there will be no poker in the MGM expansion but who knows?
Old 11-27-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I've done this before - my initials there are MV so if any names are on "last call" that sound a little like MV (M/N | BCDE (etc)) I usually say "oh, that's probably me" even if I use automated sign in, and they never question me at all. Of course I've only done this after waiting more than an hour; I'm not a TOTAL douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

KITN
Old 11-27-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KITN

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. In the good old days (2005?) upstairs, long waits were standard on weekends and Friday nights. The only benefit of downstairs is reduced wait times, although they could have added more tables upstairs. Now I think that waits only happen during WPT time and major holidays.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:24 PM

Waits of 50+ (not that I'd really consider that much of a wait) are fairly common for 1/2 on fridays and saturdays.

Since there are so many tables running, the lists move relatively quickly, but it's not uncommon to wait more than an hour.