Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 12:17 PM

Default 0.5$ NL AJo SB

Ok, I tried to play this one a bit tricky. Villain has been pretty loose with his button raises, especially since it became 3-handed.
I was 3-betting him a few times and he always folded. I had a strong feeling - for whatever that means - that my AJ was the better startig hand than his, but I didn't 3-bet because I wanted to extract some money from him for I knew he would c-bet the flop.
But then again, I was unsure wheter he would do this play with AT or worse...

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $60.95
BB: $79.50
BTN: $96.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BTN raises to $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.25, BB folds

Flop: ($3.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3.35</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $28.00</font>
Hero has to fold here, right?
Old 07-01-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: 0.5$ NL AJo SB

I fold here. I would raise more though, to say $10-$12 if you choose to take this line. I am not a big fan of this line though. If villain has been playing overly loose with button raises, I don't get overly tricky -- I just play solid poker, which to me means 3-betting this PF and playing straightforward postflop. That would put you in a much better spot on the flop (if you even get to the flop). Let your opponents try to get tricky, while you just wait for the opportune moment to let them hang themselves.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: 0.5$ NL AJo SB

I really hate the check raise, if your aim is to pick up a c-bet then just calling would be best, check raising is going to fold most hands you beat, and only get called by better, as played def fold