Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 01:58 PM

Default (1/2) Trips on the flop, aggro villian on the turn

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

I feel like I'm getting good odds to see a flop right here. At worst a small mistake.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

I hit trips on the flop, so I bet.

Turn: (3 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Should I slow down a bit on the turn? Should I be more aggressive on the river?

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 09-20-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: (1/2) Trips on the flop, aggro villian on the turn

I might go for a c/r on the river, he may have limped with something like 78 or 67 from MP, and thinks that he has the best of it. Or he may have limped with something like A9s and hits his two pair on the turn. Id raise the river again.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:36 PM

:g:
fold pre flop.

Call down from turn cap.

nh
Old 09-20-2007, 02:37 PM

Turn play is fine in my opinion. No possible draw hits. Fairly safe card in my opinion.

River I bet and call a raise. Possible hands showing down: losing to - 99 or weird boat combo.
Hero winning - A9 or connecting 7 variation.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might go for a c/r on the river, he may have limped with something like 78 or 67 from MP, and thinks that he has the best of it. Or he may have limped with something like A9s and hits his two pair on the turn. Id raise the river again.

[/ QUOTE ]

after the Ten and Nine come off ... I don't like the idea of putting in 3 more big bets ... perhaps two big bets (ie. bet/call the river)

it's kind of hard to judge without any information on this guy, 1/2 anywhere isn't exactly a retard fest.

hands that could play this hard after ... are
A7, A9, AT,
T7s, 97s, 87s, 67s
perhaps AK, AA
K7s, Q7s, J7s,

IMO: thinking this is K7, Q7, J7 is pusing it

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I'm getting good odds to see a flop right here. At worst a small mistake

[/ QUOTE ]

small mistakes add - that's what losing poker is all about

playing a hand like this (with you perspective) will have you playing about 60%-80% of your hands ... this will not lead to anything postive

another thing ... you have given no indictation of these players (this makes you sb limp even worse)

and also, when thinking about the 'odds' you are getting ... this also means that there are many more quality hands up against you
with a hand like Q7o ... what are you hoping for
two pair ... most likely your two pair will be top and bottom or 2nd bottom, 2nd, middle ... these aren't the hottest hands ...
a miracle flop like 777, 77, QQQ, QQ ... not too likely

when playing crap hands it's best to think about how that hand plays post flop (what flops do you want to see and how that flop play in a large or small field)

if this was one crappy limper I would say Q8o is my bottom ... but wouldn't likely play it in a large field
Old 09-20-2007, 03:02 PM

no looks good to me. He either outkicked you or is an idiot.

Playing these hands in SB is dangerous if you chase top pair or draws but when you hit a monster like this time and you have money in the pot, they are great gems to play.

I sometimes play this from sb but easily throw away even top pair if I get aggro after I lead out if I don't have drawing odds.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:25 PM

Pf fold. Sure small misstake, but so are almost all misstakes pf in theory. The prblem is that u can make them frequently and that these types of hands plays poorly post-flop so it's easy to make bigger misstakes later in the hand. The rest is fine. Flop u can vary ur play between betting and checking depending on what u think is going on at the table.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:27 AM

i like it all. if the 9 wasnt out there i would be c/r the river (the T changes nothing imo)