Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

Alright, that was a very satisfying episode now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Unfortunately it looks like Courtney will survive a while longer.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
congrats jamie, you are officially survivor's dumbest contestant ever

[/ QUOTE ]

She's especially stupid for thinking James would be on her side - "I made a mistake thinking James is trustworthy" -> you idiotic bitch, of course he is, that's why he voted you out! lol, what a moron.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:10 AM

rules question:

until jeff said it i had no idea the idol worked where 2nd highest votes go out if the highest votes person plays it before the votes are read.

im new to the indiv immunity idol so can it not be played after the votes are read? aka if james gets the most votes but hasnt played it do the idols just go to waste? or does the idol work but not in the way it does if u play it pre vote and they just revote not screwing the second person?

WARNING speculation ahead!!!!!

isnt it kinda shaping up great for JRB? he's sorta in the orginal fei long alliance although not the core of it...but he could very well be around in the final 6 (drop all the zhan hu even those that have swung sides) and that leaves JRB up against a strong alliance but a) he could win a challenge or two-him being capable of brains and brawn b) he's a great opponent in the final 2. people might not be thinking it now but when they get down to the final 5 or so, loyalty may tell u to stick with ur guns but $1,000,000 may tell u something else. granted he could also get the boot as soon as all the yellow are gone but still im hopeful for more JRB.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:15 AM

You must use the idol before the votes are read! I'm not sure if it goes back into play so someone else can find it if it's not used or if it's just gone? JRB just needs to shut the hell up!
Old 11-02-2007, 01:36 PM

"She thought she had the immunization thang but she just got an ole piece ah wood" - James

when there are two people left, everyone from the beginning of the show gets to vote for someone to leave? And someone clarify whats the deal with the immunity idols not won in competition? James has two of them? He can give them to whomever he wants and they can't be voted off?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:59 PM

I know a lot of it is editing but I'm just not understanding the hate from his tribemates for JRB. Sure he probably talks too much, but overall seems like a nice fun-loving guy. They've showed a couple of time where Sharia and Courtney get pissed at him, but it's always over something completely innocuous. He just is not coming off like a bad guy at all. I think Courtney's just a bitch who thinks no one else is cool enough to hang with her in Williamsburg or whatever other hipster neighborhood she's from.

Anyway it definitely seems to me that Amanda and Todd are shaping up as the final 2. James has a chance obv but is gonna need both those immunity idols and a challenge winning streak to make it IMO. Everyone knows he's the strongest physical player left.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:21 PM

Where can we bet on this stuff? I checked wikipedia and they dont mention how the idols works. And its final 3 not final 2.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And someone clarify whats the deal with the immunity idols not won in competition? James has two of them? He can give them to whomever he wants and they can't be voted off?

[/ QUOTE ]

James can give them to anyone he wants. What that means is that once the votes are cast, but prior to Jeff reading the votes, the person with an idol can choose to use it. If they do, and they were going to be voted off, the next highest vote getter is voted off.

So having an idol only guarantees you won't be voted off if you use it. That is the tricky part obviously, since if you use it when you aren't targeted it is a waste, but if you wait too long then you risk being voted off never having used the idol.

Spoiler ahead for people who don't watch the "Next week on Survivor" last 10 seconds of the show:

<font color="white"> That is why the previews for next week show Todd scheming about blindsiding James and voting him off so that both immunity idols are taken out of play. </font>
Old 11-02-2007, 04:16 PM

Not a lot to comment on strategy-wise, since nothing really changed that wasn't forseen last week. I think keepitreal has a good point about JRB. The yellow alliance is stronger than it appeared, which puts JRB more on the outs than it originally appeard. This could actually be a really good thing for him, as he has the opportunity to be a vital swing-vote to the people who ally against Todd &amp; Co. It's pretty ironic that JRB outed Courtney as someone who could slip into the final 3-4, when he has a very similar chance for very similar reasons (though her strengths are being hated and completely worthless, physically, while he can only boast about being hated).

From year to year they change things up, so it's impossible to tell exactly how things will work this year. For example, this is the first year there were two hidden immunity idols.

The first year they used the hidden idol, it could be played after the voting. That only lasted one year before they changed it. The past few years you had to play the idol before the votes were read.

I recall one year Probst said that the hidden idol would be re-hidden if the bearer failed to use it and was voted out. This year, with it being such a big and obvious thing, I'm not sure what they'd do. I imagine they didn't plan on anybody holding both of them, so they were OK with one being lost.

I went from thinking Todd was an idiot, to thinking he was the one-eyed man in the Land of the Blind, and back to thinking he's an idiot. Did he really just give James the first HII?

I'm sure he thought James would have to use it, but I assumed the agreement was, "I'll give you #1 to save yourself, and you get #2 and bring it back to me." If he is letting James keep two HIIs he's the one "peddling the short bicycle."

I know he saw his numbers advantage disappearing, but the worst-case-scenario was going into a merge deadlocked 5-5. The way alliances fracture (and his seems pretty fragile) I'd rather have the idol and even numbers than no idol but have the majority for a little while.

His [correct] assumption was that they'd merge at 10, but that hasn't always been the case. If they held off and merged at nine, he'd have the numbers advantage once again because there should be no fricking way the Yellows would lose against Peih-Gee, Erik, and Jaime. Even if they lost, it sure looked like Frosti was willing to jump ship to the Yellows when he found out who had the HII.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Spoiler ahead for people who don't watch the "Next week on Survivor" last 10 seconds of the show:

<font color="white"> That is why the previews for next week show Todd scheming about blindsiding James and voting him off so that both immunity idols are taken out of play. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="white">I think that is a bad play and one week too early. He has a very strong 3 person alliance with Amanda and Denise. By trying to vote off James, he risks Courtney breaking off with them and trying to make a play w/ PG, Eric and James and telling them "We all vote for Tom and James brings his idol" making JRB and Frosty swing votes. For Tom's play to work, no one can tell James that they are voting for him. Even JRB is likely to try and break things up if he views himself as weak at that point. By voting off PG first, they strengthen their alliance with Courtney who is less likely to buddy up with JRB than PG. Then the following week they pick one more person, Frosty or Courtney to surprise vote off James. James doesn't seem very smart so I think this would work well. Since he has two idols, hopefully they will be smart enough to have a plan B incase he invokes one and aren't left guessing who everyone else is voting for. And even if James smartens up and realizes that he should protect himself, they still have enough players to just vote someone else off. So surprise voting James this week is really unnecessary. Once they get down to eight players they are practically untouchable as long as both Courtney and JRB stay in the game. The ideal vote off in my opinion is PG, James, Eric, JRB, Frosty/Courtney and there is your top 3.

BTW, I think a top 3 final is retarded and it should really be top 2 instead. 3 is too many and seems silly.</font>