Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: USC 7-1
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 2.70%
4 2 5.41%
5 1 2.70%
6 5 13.51%
7 9 24.32%
8 6 16.22%
9 6 16.22%
10 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:13 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - the plot thickens

Pokerstars dont write until hand is complete, no... I'm saying Absolute do...
Old 10-23-2007, 07:19 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - there was no superuser account

[ QUOTE ]
This is a special client. The server might be cooperating with it (possible, but not likely), or the special client might simply pluck the hole card data from wherever it is stored on the server.

[/ QUOTE ]

The server in this instance would most definately be cooperating, in so much as verifying the clients authentication to recieve the data.

Otherwise, any Tom, Dick, or Harry could write their own customized client to retrieve the data. This doesn't happen because the server doesn't allow unauthorized access.

In the original example from your quote, the server is cooperating by allowing it...etc.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So AJ sits at home (or at someone else's home) and logs in with the normal client. He sits down to play using one of the many accounts he has created for himself. He then uses remote terminal software to connect to his desktop at the office which is running the custom client. He opens up the game on the custom client observes it in a window right next to the normal client where he is playing. I wonder if he ever bothers to try to guess what the other players are holding before he glances over to find out? I guess not if he's folding to big pocket pairs pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately a possibility, but requires the existence of the special client software that can see hole cards.

[ QUOTE ]

It seems pretty straightforward to me. So where is the alleged sophisticated scheme using 3rd party software? Are they counting Windows Remote Desktop or GoToMyPC? Or was that just another red herring?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could have been as simple as the software used to manage logs and allow them to be viewed in real time on the server or via remote terminal. This possibility wouldn't require the existence of a special client, only remote terminal access and the ability to open the log manager.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:29 AM

Off topic question.

I'm new to this site and have only been following these AP threads, but I just discovered what I believe to be a security breach in another poker client and would like to know where to start a thread on this. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Off topic question.

I'm new to this site and have only been following these AP threads, but I just discovered what I believe to be a security breach in another poker client and would like to know where to start a thread on this. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just post your thoughts here?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Off topic question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Start a new thread obv. Expect to get flamed if you have no evidence whatsoever or a tiny hand database sample size etc. etc.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Off topic question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Start a new thread obv. Expect to get flamed if you have no evidence whatsoever or a tiny hand database sample size etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly you didn't read the part of my post where I asked where to start such a thread, obv. But you're also right about getting flamed, even though I have perfect evidence. I'm a small time player and I don't need people jumping all over me telling me that I shouldn't be doing this or that anyway. So let's just say [censored] it and get back to the AP deal. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Forget I even mentioned it.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:50 AM

Going back to what stars says:

"That decision stands, and no such software has ever been developed in PokerStars
software to view hole cards live in real time."

This is BS. You don't need any special software at all, the client is fully capable of displaying the hole cards, if the server sends it to the client.

What they mean is, that the game server has no flag that can be set, so that all or one players receives all the hole cards.

Why no special client? Check out tournament play backs. The hole card info is sent for all players (well the once that agreed to have them sent during playback). No special client, no tricks no nothing.

And I seriously doubt the AP software is any different. If the server sent the info, I'm sure the client would display it without any changes.

Btw. I'm not bashing stars here. I'm just saying that they didn't exactly say it like it is. And I'm 100% sure the stars game server do not have the capabilities to send hole card information for all players to a given user (for live play).

I'm also fairly certain that AP did in fact have such a feature built into its game server. And that a special user needs to login to get the info. I'm also fairly certain that this user could not participate in the game, and only observe.

But without actually looking at the code for the game server, this will be impossible to prove / disprove.

So if AP really wants to come "clean" have them release the game server code for review [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Disclaimer / background:
I have never ever developed software for poker rooms.
All my assumptions are based on evidence presented in numerous threads here on 2p2. And on my experience as a software developer, specifically trading software (stocks, bonds, futures etc).
We used the same software for traders as we did for the guys monitoring the market, the only difference was the amount of information sent by the central servers.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Off topic question.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly you didn't read the part of my post where I asked where to start such a thread, obv. But you're also right about getting flamed, even though I have perfect evidence. I'm a small time player and I don't need people jumping all over me telling me that I shouldn't be doing this or that anyway. So let's just say [censored] it and get back to the AP deal. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Forget I even mentioned it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tease.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"That decision stands, and no such software has ever been developed in PokerStars software to view hole cards live in real time."

This is BS. You don't need any special software at all, the client is fully capable of displaying the hole cards, if the server sends it to the client.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is special software in the sense that it has to tell the server to send it all of the hole card data. I think you would want to have that feature limited to a tightly controlled, custom piece of software. If all you needed to do was log on to the regular client with a special ID to get all the hole card info, well, that would be monumentally stupid. Like beyond Absolutely stupid.

Their claim seems legit if they have never created such a custom client or allowed for that kind of superuser ID.
Closed Thread