Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2006, 05:11 PM

Default PP $22 AK- 5 handed

Are the other stacks small enough to make this a fold? Villian has been pretty loose throughout the tourney.

PartyPoker $22 Regular Tournament, Big Blind is t400 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1035)
CO (t1280)
Button (t2439)
SB (t10866)
Hero (t4380)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t800</font>, Hero?
Old 03-24-2006, 05:17 PM

Default Re: PP $22 AK- 5 handed

What did he really raise to? Not 600..
Old 03-24-2006, 05:20 PM

OK fixed that. He min raised to 800.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:26 PM

If he's being pretty loose then his range is going to be larger than the usual 5 handed PF raise. I think your FE is very low since he can call, lose, and still have the other ones covered. I think calling here and re-evaluate on the flop. If you hit then you can push, if not then I'd fold. I think raising is really bad here.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's being pretty loose then his range is going to be larger than the usual 5 handed PF raise. I think your FE is very low since he can call, lose, and still have the other ones covered. I think calling here and re-evaluate on the flop. If you hit then you can push, if not then I'd fold. I think raising is really bad here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

PUSH ALL IN.

Seriously.

Let him call with A8 here. I'd love it. I'd also love a call from KT. FE? [censored] that. If he calls and we win, we have the chip lead basically on the bubble and we can exploit better than this [censored].

PLAY FOR FIRST. This is definately not the situation where you should be [censored] FPS'ing with AK.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think our FE is very low, why would he want to call off half his stack with a marginal hand? Pushing can induce mistakes on his part which is what winning is all about. He folds many pairs (all of which are ahead) and may call with a dominated ace. We have AK, FE, and if called we want to see all 5 cards.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think our FE is very low, why would he want to call off half his stack with a marginal hand? Pushing can induce mistakes on his part which is what winning is all about. He folds many pairs (all of which are ahead) and may call with a dominated ace. We have AK, FE, and if called we want to see all 5 cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...I figured that with the other stacks being very short 3bb or less...plus the converter doesnt say how many rounds are left until the blinds raise, so yeah I would think call and fold to agression on the flop or push if we hit. I want the small stacks to make the big mistake...not go against the big stack for a little better than a coinflip.....Anyone else, comments?
Old 03-24-2006, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

PUSH ALL IN.

Seriously.

Let him call with A8 here. I'd love it. I'd also love a call from KT. FE? [censored] that. If he calls and we win, we have the chip lead basically on the bubble and we can exploit better than this [censored].

PLAY FOR FIRST. This is definately not the situation where you should be [censored] FPS'ing with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

In light of all your random profanity, I think I understood what you said...if 3 other players 3bb and under isnt a quote: "not the situation where you should be [censored] FPS'ing with AK" then can you enlighten me as to what WOULD be the correct (censored) situation?
Old 03-24-2006, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

PUSH ALL IN.

Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

In light of all your random profanity, I think I understood what you said...if 3 other players 3bb and under isnt a quote: "not the situation where you should be [censored] FPS'ing with AK" then can you enlighten me as to what WOULD be the correct (censored) situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering all button has to do is double up once and he's right with you in chip stacks, and there is no guarntee that UTG/CO is going to get knocked out the next orbit, it's not the time where you can fold AK and feel good about it.

IF CO/UTG had like.. say 400 (1bb) left, I'd feel good about folding AK here.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:37 PM

"Loose" at raising or "loose" at calling? Read dependent, I can see an argument for folding, calling, or pushing.