Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 10:31 PM

Default How do you stay disciplined and motivated?

First, guess: am I asking the above question after having a winning session or a losing session?

I would just like to hear from other's about how you stay focused on your game. How do you stay disciplined and attentive to your opponents while you're at the table, how do you keep continually trying to improve while you're not at the table?

Sometimes I lose focus at and away from the tables. Often when my focus drifts to thinking all about the benjamins. I just find it hard to keep my attention where it needs to be at times.

Thanks, guys!
Old 11-11-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: How do you stay disciplined and motivated?

I like thinking about how I've dominated limit $x and $y and moved up, and how, with time and focus, I'm going to crush my current limit and be up 2-3 levels a year from now... etc. Basically, try to keep in mind your goal is to become the best player at your table, move up, and repeat; obviously, $$ winnings come with this goal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2007, 04:15 AM

yeah man
Old 11-11-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First, guess: am I asking the above question after having a winning session or a losing session?

I would just like to hear from other's about how you stay focused on your game. How do you stay disciplined and attentive to your opponents while you're at the table, how do you keep continually trying to improve while you're not at the table?

Sometimes I lose focus at and away from the tables. Often when my focus drifts to thinking all about the benjamins. I just find it hard to keep my attention where it needs to be at times.

Thanks, guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

I will guess that you are asking this after a winning session. You need to gain a healthy disrespect for the money. Just concentrate on playing good poker and making good decisions every time you play.