Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 06:06 AM

Default EPT London. Hand against Niko7 (N. Levi)

This hand was played by a spanish player at London EPT and its being long discused in forums over there. Im curioss to see what the good MTT players here think about it.

10 mnts to end day 1, Spanish Player (SP) and Niko7 are among the liders with SP 42k, NIko7 arround 50k, blinds 300 600 75.

Dinamic is SP is playing agro, opening a lot of pots, reraising and taking pots postflop with no showdown.

SP opens to 1700 from CO and A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Folded to Niko7 in sb or bb (not sure) who reraises to 5k.

Knowing that:

-Niko7 knows you are stealing a lot and you feel hes restealing, lets say Niko7 range here is top 50%

-SP thinks he cant never reraise and fold to a push getting close to 2-1

How would you play this preflop? and what plans you have for the flop if you decide not to raise and just call?
Old 09-28-2007, 06:24 AM

Default Re: EPT London. Hand against Niko7 (N. Levi)

Ola!
I had 55k at the start of the hand.
It's worth to mention that the average is about 24k so these are big stacks. Also the day is almost over and the table will be broken in a few hands, so there is no "later image" considerations.

It's close, but I think the hand will be too weak postflop to call and play a possibly huge pot. What are you happy to hit if I bet the flop that you could push with or call a push on the turn?

So I think if hero puts me on such a large range, making it 14k to go and folding to a push is probably the best, folding is fine too.

PS: this should be in "High Stakes MTT" not MTT community
Old 09-28-2007, 06:34 AM

Thanks for the added info. Some mod pls move the post and sorry for posting at the wrong place.

Nico, given the dinamic at the table and hero knowing you range is way below his hand dont you think the best move is calling and moving in in everyflop you continue?

Hero said he tought you were firing at the flop like almost everytime and fold to a push everything but dob pair+
Old 09-28-2007, 06:39 AM

no way i fold this preflop. it's suited.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:37 AM

Calling and moving in on the flop is fine against a lot of people, except I guarantee in this hand I had decided to check fold if I missed the flop:

- I got called quickly and I knew the other guy would have a hard time calling me with a big part of his preflop range. I put him on AQ+ TT+ and sometimes worst.
- I won't make a continuation bet with 20% of my chips when I'm a big stack unless it's a good spot. Here on a rag flop for example He might just push AK. I know I won't get a lot of credit.

So the raise all in any flop line won't work well against me here, but here cannot know how I play in these spots since this is the first time we play together...
Old 09-28-2007, 07:50 AM

oh baby i love this spot.

call and own post flop