Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG: WCOOP ME champion is play2kill (Multi-Accounting)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Possessions are definitely some part of the equation for self-worth

[/ QUOTE ]

For me this pretty much sums up why you are wrong in this thread. The people that derive their self worth from material possessions are never satisfied in life because they can never get enough. You will never fill that hole with a "lambo".

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not very materialistic (I have no desire for a fancy car, watch, etc.), but that statement is ridiculous. It's hard to have self-worth when you have absolutely no possessions (sure, some people do, but that's not the point; possessions do play into self-worth in some way, whether you like it or not)

[/ QUOTE ]

When self worth is based on inanimate objects that are not a part of self then you are setting yourself up for trouble.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:07 AM

Temp wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
The people that derive their self worth from material possessions are never satisfied in life because they can never get enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funkii rebuttal:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not very materialistic (I have no desire for a fancy car, watch, etc.), but that statement is ridiculous. It's hard to have self-worth when you have absolutely no possessions

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to do a better job with your arguments Funkii, your statement has(almost) nothing to do with what Temp said and you still call his "ridiculous". Basically you're saying, "if you have any possessions then you derive your self-worth from them" which is ridiculous

FWIW I agree with Temp's quote 100%
Old 10-04-2007, 11:14 AM

what will happen to the $1.228.330,50 ?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Possessions are definitely some part of the equation for self-worth

[/ QUOTE ]

For me this pretty much sums up why you are wrong in this thread. The people that derive their self worth from material possessions are never satisfied in life because they can never get enough. You will never fill that hole with a "lambo".

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not very materialistic (I have no desire for a fancy car, watch, etc.), but that statement is ridiculous. It's hard to have self-worth when you have absolutely no possessions (sure, some people do, but that's not the point; possessions do play into self-worth in some way, whether you like it or not)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol funkii. wtf. its not too late to delete this post!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I answered: yeah, I do think they're losers, because they cheat. I don't care that they have more money than me, or that they certainly have the talent to acquire said money legitimately. In my eyes, they're losers at life, because they chucked their integrity for a few bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%. Its pathetic in a way to see so many people willing to do anything for a few extra bucks with absolutely no insight into the importance of character. The idea of just trying to be baller is juvenile at best. And if that is what you think is important you will be an adolescent mentally even when you the rest of your body is old.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:16 PM

Cliff notes? Has anything been done yet?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Temp wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
The people that derive their self worth from material possessions are never satisfied in life because they can never get enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funkii rebuttal:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not very materialistic (I have no desire for a fancy car, watch, etc.), but that statement is ridiculous. It's hard to have self-worth when you have absolutely no possessions

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to do a better job with your arguments Funkii, your statement has(almost) nothing to do with what Temp said and you still call his "ridiculous". Basically you're saying, "if you have any possessions then you derive your self-worth from them" which is ridiculous

FWIW I agree with Temp's quote 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I gave you the proposition,

1. Multiaccount poker tournaments or
2. We take away your house and every possession you have.

Would you choose #2 because then you'd at least maintain your self-worth?

Actually, after making that ridiculous proposition, I thought of another thing. As you are a terrible poker player, would players be objecting to you multiaccounting given the fact that you would essentially be helping their bottom line instead of hurting it? I really think that if some -75% ROI players asked the community to multiaccount to have 2x the fun, nobody would object! Or should they object? Is it only unethical if you are stealing EV from people as opposed to giving away EV?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And often the hard you try, the worse you fail.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:30 PM

Someone is holding a gun to your head, three laptops, and a DSL scrambler, and has a note that says that your wife and kids are being held ransom in an undisclosed location, where waterboarding is a favourite activity. All he demands is that you multiaccount the WCOOP ME on the three laptops, while explaining the definition of false dichotomy. Do you do it? DO YOU?????
Old 10-04-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what will happen to the $1,228,330.50 ?

[/ QUOTE ]