Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2007, 08:37 AM

Default Cash Game Problems

Okay, no doubt you've seen this question a hundred times before, so apologies.

I want to improve at cash games, yet find that my cash game style doesn't particularly serve me well. I'm pretty successful in tourneys, and decided recently to devote my time to these, but I'm sure that being able to beat cash games is the key to being an 'improving' player.

I play 5c-10c, or 10c-25c on Stars, and have built a bankroll from $50 up to $400 in six months or so, although most of my profit has come from Tournaments. I haven't had a win over $40 in that time, so I consider myself a consistent winning player overall. I don't have PokerTracker yet, so I can't provide stats. The thing is, I don't generally lose at cash games, I win a little or lose a little. In Tournaments I have the confidence to try to control a table, and often do so successfully, however in cash games I go into my shell, waiting for good starting hands, folding to re-raises unless I have the nuts etc etc.

My questions are, anyone else here encountered similar problems? How did you overcome them? What did you change about your game, and what are the fundamental differences between Cash and Tourney in your opinion?

I realise these are pretty basic questions, and I don't necessarily consider myself a limited player, but I think some feedback would help.

Thanks in advance.