Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 4, Fri., July 13 **

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The yellow chips are 1K chips, and the Orange are 5K chips. Today there will be the introduction of the 25K chips so they will be a different color (i hope) than last year b/c last year they were tangerine-ish.

[/ QUOTE ]
The 25K chips are already in play, and yes they are some ridiculous tangerine/orange/whatever color. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanx, I'll take your word for it seeing as you're actually there.

BTW, in the Dario pic just above, you can see what looks like 5 orange chips arranged in a 2-2-1 pyramid to the left (his left, our right) of his giant pile. They look slightly lighter in color than the 5k chips though. Are these the 25ks? I noticed they don't seem to have the dark stripes that the 5ks have.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. those are the 25k chips.

this picture shows the difference between the two. 5k chips on bottom. 25k's on top. I mean, i see that you can tell the difference, but why have consecutive chip denoms BOTH be orange? there are like, many many other colors to choose from.

also, petri is getting like no love whatsoever from you people, whats the deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are the guy in the pic I consider this the most awesome thinly-veiled brag post in history.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ken Dickenson lost the battle of the blinds to Huck Seed. On a flop of Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , Dickenson moved all in with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Seed called with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and an open-ended straight draw. The turn was the 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Seed took the lead. The river was 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Dickenson busted out.

The former WSOP world champion Huck Seed has increased his stack to 720,000

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-13-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how are you getting updates on the # of remaining players so quicky?
<---jealous

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm just counting off the eliminations that are being mentioned in the updates. None of them (the hands) are of note regarding any names worth mentioning so just simple math.

[/ QUOTE ]

right but i thought the updates weren't complete...as in they dont account for every single elimination?
guess i was wrong
thanks
Old 07-13-2007, 03:32 PM

Darrell Dicken Eliminated

Darrell "Gigabet" Dicken was eliminated when he was all-in preflop with pocket queens against Jim Kasputis's A-K. Dicken was in good shape until a king spiked on the river for Kasputis and Dicken was eliminated.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haxton raised to 18,000 and Shepsky moved all-in for his last 77K. Haxton called with pocket Jacks and Shepsky's A-J needed help. The 10-9-9-3-K board didn't supply that help and he was eliminated.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Darrell "Gigabet" Dicken was eliminated when he was all-in preflop with pocket queens against Jim Kasputis's A-K. Dicken was in good shape until a king spiked on the river for Kasputis and Dicken was eliminated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-13-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The yellow chips are 1K chips, and the Orange are 5K chips. Today there will be the introduction of the 25K chips so they will be a different color (i hope) than last year b/c last year they were tangerine-ish.

[/ QUOTE ]
The 25K chips are already in play, and yes they are some ridiculous tangerine/orange/whatever color. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanx, I'll take your word for it seeing as you're actually there.

BTW, in the Dario pic just above, you can see what looks like 5 orange chips arranged in a 2-2-1 pyramid to the left (his left, our right) of his giant pile. They look slightly lighter in color than the 5k chips though. Are these the 25ks? I noticed they don't seem to have the dark stripes that the 5ks have.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. those are the 25k chips.

this picture shows the difference between the two. 5k chips on bottom. 25k's on top. I mean, i see that you can tell the difference, but why have consecutive chip denoms BOTH be orange? there are like, many many other colors to choose from.

also, petri is getting like no love whatsoever from you people, whats the deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are the guy in the pic I consider this the most awesome thinly-veiled brag post in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he is the guy in this pic...he most certainly has every right in the world to brag...no?
Old 07-13-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Darrell Dicken Eliminated

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. GG Giga.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"A blind poker player --- is scamming the world’s largest poker tournament in Las Vegas"

http://www.amazon.com/Deadmans-Bluff-Nov...3227&sr=1-1

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an OK series of books, this one (really, two books, see later) is not very good. Two huge problems - first, it would have been nice if the author had consulted with someone, anyone, who had played even one hand of hold'em. Second, this is one story broken into two books and you don't find this out until you get near the end of book one and start wondering how he's going to tie everything together in 30 pages. Oops . . . to be continued. There's no indication at all on the first book that this is only half of a story. Kind of fun in parts but not very good, overall.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:37 PM

Mimi Tran out. Ran 99 into QQ
Old 07-13-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh Evans Eliminates Steve Miranda

The very short-stacked Miranda moved all-in with 9-10 and was called by Josh Evans with pocket Jacks. The flop was unnecessarily cruel--J-9-10. The 10 on the turn gave both players a full house but when the case Ten didn't hit on the river Miranda was eliminated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Steve can take solace in the fact that no matter how many chips he had he was getting stacked on this hand.