Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

All,

I just realized I have only started one thread since April. Granted, that thread took off pretty well, but jeez. I need to start coming up with some ideas for thread topics.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:22 PM

Yes Solo, yes you do. I mean geez, how hard could it be? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyone else who thinks they have a good thread topic that might be of interest to the rest of us, please feel free to start a thread. Let's try to make it discussion oriented.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One reason why im happy to be back in Michigan is because Im gonna be eating venison bratwurst and chewing on venison jerky real soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

MMMMMM, ya. Eating is one of the best parts! We use antelope for sausage and jerky and it is really good too. I am going to experiment with making my own sausage this year so that will be fun and interesting as well! So far I am planning on some breakfast sausage, some summer sausage and pepperoni sticks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested to hear how that goes for you. There are a couple of supposedly really outstanding books on sausage making out now that look really great for someone who has the time and wants to put in the energy. Charcuterie I think they call it? I've gotta say, sausage is often not very good, but excellent sausage is fantastic, and if you get the knack and the knowledge down, the results would probably be incredible and something really to be proud of. You might have all your friends' Christmas presents figured out for the rest of their lives!
Old 11-07-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, on a more personal note, for this dude anyway, why is this guy's friendship so hot? He humiliates his wife on the phone in a way, even in a way that others can hear it, not privately. He now is doing the same thing to you, and threatening physical violence even. Just what is it about this guy that's so great? How many women do you think he has threatened before, and will in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

Difficult question which is why it's taken me so long to answer it. He invited me places. He's funny. He's like a real life Chris Farley only meaner. He included me in things that he was doing outside of work. We went to the comedy club and out for drinks with our significant others. We agree on politics. It's a friendship I will miss. But you're right, Blarg, after the way he's been acting I don't want to patch things up. Whether you believe it or not I actually do have some self respect. What I mean is that I'm not desperate to keep a friend. I am sort of an introvert so being around people is a turnoff to me anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Giving him the cold shoulder is childish and ineffective and may even come off as petulant and weak. You are faced with a professional matter and need a professional response, not to withdraw from the challenge. Whether you address this as a sulking or petulant chick or as a professional will say a lot about you, and people will be watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assure you I am not a sulking chick. Petulant maybe. Ok well maybe I sulk a little about forum stuff. I know I know, diebitter and Wookie are raising an eyebrow right now. I may be a lot of things but sulking is not one of them except in my forum life. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

By the way, on a more personal note, for this dude anyway, why is this guy's friendship so hot? He humiliates his wife on the phone in a way, even in a way that others can hear it, not privately. He now is doing the same thing to you, and threatening physical violence even. Just what is it about this guy that's so great? How many women do you think he has threatened before, and will in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

Difficult question which is why it's taken me so long to answer it. He invited me places. He's funny. He's like a real life Chris Farley only meaner. He included me in things that he was doing outside of work. We went to the comedy club and out for drinks with our significant others. We agree on politics. It's a friendship I will miss. But you're right, Blarg, after the way he's been acting I don't want to patch things up. Whether you believe it or not I actually do have some self respect. What I mean is that I'm not desperate to keep a friend. I am sort of an introvert so being around people is a turnoff to me anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Giving him the cold shoulder is childish and ineffective and may even come off as petulant and weak. You are faced with a professional matter and need a professional response, not to withdraw from the challenge. Whether you address this as a sulking or petulant chick or as a professional will say a lot about you, and people will be watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assure you I am not a sulking chick. Petulant maybe. Ok well maybe I sulk a little about forum stuff. I know I know, diebitter and Wookie are raising an eyebrow right now. I may be a lot of things but sulking is not one of them except in my forum life. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

All this talk of your "significant other" and "boyfriend" in this thread and the motorcycle one has to stop. You're blowing my fantasy.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 02:29 PM

Ok. sorry.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:32 PM

I have had some ideas for threads, but when I really sit down to type it out I realize its just some lunatic rant. I then have to get up walk around, fall back on drugs or something of that nature. Then I go back to bbv. [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 02:34 PM

sounds like a good thread to me. Do not let inhibition stifle your ideas. Here's my suggestion. Keep the first sentence. Cut out the last 2 paragraphs. Keep the last 2 sentences. Pose a question at end. gogogogo
Old 11-07-2007, 02:37 PM

I could title it "The Ramblings Of A Semi-Paranoid Person" and just keep updating it like a blog.

Nah, im not really feeling that at this very moment.....who knows what the future holds though.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fish, glad to hear more details about it all.

I definitely wish I could try this out (or even tag along on something) sometime in the future. If I haven't figured out a way to do so at some point, in a few years I might be making a trip out to SE Montana for a Loungers special. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

SoloAJ, You would be welcome.

Here's an idea. Graduate and come out here to work. english teacher right? It seems like our school is always lookinf for english teachers. I am pretty sure there is some kind of crazy government program that wipes out student loans, or something like that, for teachers who teach on or near Indian reservations?? Hunting would abound then! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread