Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 08:35 PM

Default 5/10 river Nut Boat against QUADS?

5/10 PLO 6max
played a lot of headsup recently--very little 3+ handed. tryin to adjust to the nutpeddlin nits.
game's been pretty tight. no reads on players but everyone seems fairly solid/standard/TAG.
effective stacks = 1000

UTG, CO, Button limp. I complete SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 5handed to the flop.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check, checked around. (not looking for "please bet flop and you wont be in this spot" comments--i obv do that most of the time)

Turn is T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check, checked around.

River is T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet 2/3 pot. CO raises pot. I min 3bet. CO thinks less than 2 seconds and 4bets pot.
I fold.

river thoughts?

at the time i figured this line gets max value from JT. I dont see him ever checking the flop 2nd to last to act with JJ unless he has JJ+nut flush draw or knows something about button betting when checked to in limped pots that I dont know. KT is unlikely and cant see him 4betting river with that. TT is the only hand i could see a sane player showing up with in this spot.

problem with my river line is a good player can exploit it by 4betting any T if he knows i need quads to call. (that's not really a problem but it crossed my mind at the time)
Old 09-10-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: 5/10 river Nut Boat against QUADS?

runner-runner-quads?

i don't play that high, but how can you not felt this with 100bb stacks and /wo reads here?

i mean, with preflop just complete, flop check and turn check there is no way he can put you on KKxx. i'd say this is JJxx or KTxx at best.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:30 PM

if he has JJ my hand looks exactly like TT. if he has KT what is he getting value from? i'm obviously not 3betting the river and calling a 4bet with JT/66 in a 5way limped pot checked to the river.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:12 PM

at 2 to 1 pot odds or better i reckon you gotta look him up
Old 09-10-2007, 10:24 PM

Min 3-betting and folding to a 4-bet is really bad. You don't get enough value out of it to make it worth potentially getting raised off of top boat. Either raise more on your 4-bet or just call.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:30 PM

This may be news to you, but HU in PLO you are *always* getting at least 2 to 1 on a raise. This is why PLO is so goot.

gl

bdd
Old 09-10-2007, 10:45 PM

I think that was his point. That even if you're getting the worst odds possible, you still have to call.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:47 PM

I originally asked what pot odds he was getting because I was not sure whether the raise put the guy all-in. Then I realized it was pretty much an irrelevant question because 2 to 1 or better should be enough to look him up here.

so he may have been responding to my original post
Old 09-10-2007, 10:55 PM

I keep rereading this and trying to come up with another hand other than TTxx for villain and I can't.

That being said I can't fold this here after minraising. Maybe I'm supposed to, but I can't.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:39 AM

i think you probably folded the best hand. your hand is way under-represented so he could be doing this with all kinds of stuff that he thinks is good.