Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: I have T$22 on Stars and a $0.10 bankroll: What\'s my play?

$1 HORSE tourneys = nice and soft if you know what you're doing.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:54 AM

mused,

People play for different reasons. I doubt OP is playing poker for a supplementary income. If he is playing to learn the game, for fun, or to sharpen up for a b&m game, then nothing wrong with playing .02/.04.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:22 PM

Mand, I am in the process of doing the same thing. I won a couple of the fpp tournys for T$'s. I then started playing the $1- two table sngs. Found them to be fairly easy, and I made a profit while converting my T$'s. Next, I started playing .01/.02 NL.

It's a slow grind, but def. worth the sense of accomplishment to start a roll out of nothing.

I think I am going to take the advice on here and start trying penny PLO to see what happens.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:00 PM

$2 4-table hundred grand sats. 1st win play hundred grand and go for big score. Other wins add to T$. Repeat weekly.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I am going to take the advice on here and start trying penny PLO to see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

My only advice is, don't try to get cute at these tables. If you try to play good all-round PLO you will dramatically increase your variance, which isn't really the idea when you're trying to build a roll from virtually nothing.

These tables are great because:

- players will under-bet the pot and therefore give you odds to draw to your nut hands.
- players will not clue into what is going on when three people are betting/calling on a 77Q flop (note to the obvious: you want the QQ here).
- most players have no concept of a freeroll
- so many think top 2 pair or bottom set is the nuts
- the few decent players don't stay down there for long

If you take advantage of these tendencies properly, most of your variance will be on the positive, rather than the negative side.

That said, be careful about buying in for the max (up to 250 BB, or $5 at a 0.01/0.02 table) until you have $50 or so. This is still Omaha, and so it's still pretty easy to run bad even down there.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:46 PM

I read an article in BLUFF by Chris Ferguson, about how he is working on starting with $0 in freerolls and turning it into $10k, while practicing bankroll management. I decided to try something similar, the only difference is that I started with $20 to avoid the freeroll stage. I started with $1 SnG's and graduated to $2 then $5 and $6. Mostly in my freetime over the last couple of months I've turned this into about $160. As an added benefit, my tournament game has improved dramatically and I'm cashing regularly in local live events. It's been a fun and interesting process so far. GL
Old 08-13-2007, 10:24 PM

Thanks again to all the replies. I think I'll do a little of both. I was crushing the low limit PLO games before the internet ban (and my cashing out). I think I might grind it out a bit for fun. Yeah, I'm not trying to turn a big score... My goal's just to get back up to $500 (my roll when I cashed out last year).
Old 08-14-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

- players will not clue into what is going on when three people are betting/calling on a 77Q flop (note to the obvious: you want the 77 here).

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 08-14-2007, 02:35 AM

I'm in the same boat - $0.35 in my Stars account (because that's what I had left at Full Contact Poker when they merged), but ~14K FPP's from when I played there a lot before I had to cash everything out.

I just now finally won one of those shovefests otherwise known as the 70 FPP qualifier to the Sunday $100K. A couple more and I'll be checking out the threads where people buy T$ (T$ don't expire, do they?)
Old 08-14-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- players will not clue into what is going on when three people are betting/calling on a 77Q flop (note to the obvious: you want the QQ here).

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]