Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2006, 02:22 PM

Default Live $20/$40 QQ line...(with bonus hand)

Stakes: $20/$40
Players: Fairly loose 9-handed. Ok semi-aggressive table, but not at all tricky or overly aggressive. You won't, for example see someone bet/3-bet top pair top kicker. It's a pretty good game that I would give 3.5 of 5 in terms of quality.

Principal players:

MP - Loose aggressive Chinese player, probably the most aggressive at the table second to me. Makes continuation bets if he opens pre-flop every time.

Button - Garland-tight aggressive.

History Hand:

This hand took place just before the QQ hand.

Pre-flop: Villain open raises in the hijack, and I'm in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I look left and see very loose BB is ready to call. I opt for deception and decide to let BB in while I smooth call.

Flop (6 small bets): 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check, BB checks, MP bets, I check-raise, BB drops, MP calls.

Turn (5 big bets): K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I bet, MP raises, I 3-bet, MP calls.

River (11 big bets): 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I bet, MP calls, I table my AA and take it down. I think I've turned on his angry switch.

To the real hand:

Pre-flop: Same villain as before open-raises in MP. I'm still stacking my chips and wake up on button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and 3-bet. This folds around to him and he calls.

Flop (7.50 small bets): K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] MP checks, I check.

Turn (3.75 big bets): 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] MP bets, I call.

River (5.75 big bets): 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] MP bets, I call.

Well?

All comments appreciated.

Garland
Old 07-04-2006, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Live $20/$40 QQ line...(with bonus hand)

the only issue i have with the real hand is that you are allowing gutshots to draw for free...but this could also be similar to a WA/WB situation (although if he has a gutshot he has 2-4 outs...i think your check behind on the flop may cause Villain to play his mid pair aggressive...i would just make sure that one bet goes in on each big street...
Old 07-05-2006, 02:32 PM

Default Results and thoughts...

I thought this was probably a classic WAWB scenario. I would definitely bet the flop if I had JJ, TT, 99, etc. however with QQ, I just wanted to trap him for some more chips if he has a lesser pair and lose less if he happens to have the K or better.

I was certainly going to make sure the turn and river don't get checked through.

In this case I was shown K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the loss.

Garland