Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 06:32 PM

Default 25NL: Overpair on flop v fish.

Villain is 50/15/2. We've played a bunch of hands that go: I raise from button, he calls from BB. I cbet flop, he sometimes folds, sometimes calls, sometimes calls turn, folds river. Given that, perhaps it's stupid of me to include a flush draw in his range? But I feel that I must include weaker kings along with his 77/55, no? He could have maybe KQ, KJ, KT given his vpip. Should I just call flop here? Since I'm not putting him on a draw, it seems I should be willing to try to get it all in here.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $16.70
BB: $26.20
UTG: $65.95
Hero (CO): $19.75
BTN: $27.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.90</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.80, BB folds

Flop: ($2.05) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.40</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $3.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $18.85</font>, SB calls all-in for $12.80
Old 08-14-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: 25NL: Overpair on flop v fish.

Looks fine to me.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:00 PM

Given his vpip and that he's in the small blind, along with the fact that he usually plays really passively after the flop, don't you assume he has something more than top pair here? 57 for two pair. Maybe even as bad as K7, K5? I agree I don't think I give him credit for a flush draw, and I think this player type is generally going to slow play a set....

If he was more the type of player who was calling all the way down and showing down a top pair no kicker then I'd like the play more, but from your description of him I think I'm slowing down and re-assessing on the turn.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:00 PM

Just get it in. You are way ahead of his calling range.

Dumle
Old 08-14-2007, 07:19 PM

50/15/2 is not passive

edit: assuming that the stats are even relevant
Old 08-14-2007, 08:01 PM

He's so short just go with it on the flop. Your turn options won't really be any wider. If a diamond falls, you'll have too strong a redraw to consider folding to much when you could be ahead. If one doesn't fall, you'll be pushing over any bet he makes.

And this isn't an overpair. It's TPTK.