Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum

Old 04-17-2007, 05:41 PM

Default NLHE - Opponent Moves All-In Every Hand...

The other day I sat down to play a $200 Headsup SNG on Full Tilt Poker. To my dislike, my opponent moved ALL IN every hand (there is no way to break off a game if your opponent is a lunatic). I want to ask you what you would do in this situation after I give out some important information. I want your opinion both about this situation (SNG) as well as a headsup FTP cash game...

Important info: (please correct me if im wrong)

1) In a SNG @ Full Tilt, you are given 3000 chips. Blinds begin at 15/30 and make their way up.

2) In a cash game at full tilt, you can only bring 100 times the BB to the game.

So what do you do in HEADSUP play? What cards do you call an all-in with?

Alot of people have said to wait for pocket aces. However, given the starting chip counts and blinds wouldnt this be a losing strategy. On both games you are likely to blind out before you get AA.

That game on Full Tilt ended in me calling with AK suited and losing to small cards. Really wasnt cool but I suppose it taught me something about the game. I suppose the best way to tackle this type game is to avoid it. Even Aces can lose if you happen to pick them up...

Any input?
Old 04-17-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: NLHE - Opponent Moves All-In Every Hand...

What's his username?
Old 04-17-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That game on Full Tilt ended in me calling with AK suited and losing to small cards. Really wasnt cool but I suppose it taught me something about the game. I suppose the best way to tackle this type game is to avoid it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, clearly the best option is to avoid a highly profitable situation, where your opponent is utilizing a highly exploitable strategy. Yes, i too hate money.

I haven't done the math so i'm not sure if optimal strategy is to call with the top 10%, top 20% or top 35%, but I KNOW that doing any of these is far better than not playing and will make money.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:00 PM

how many hands did he all in with?
Old 04-17-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That game on Full Tilt ended in me calling with AK suited and losing to small cards. Really wasnt cool but I suppose it taught me something about the game. I suppose the best way to tackle this type game is to avoid it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, clearly the best option is to avoid a highly profitable situation, where your opponent is utilizing a highly exploitable strategy. Yes, i too hate money.

I haven't done the math so i'm not sure if optimal strategy is to call with the top 10%, top 20% or top 35%, but I KNOW that doing any of these is far better than not playing and will make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didnt offer to keep playing indefinetly. And I just realized another thing that differs about a cash game and its very very important. You can ALWAYS REBUY so that you can always match his entire stack. Therefore you would just wait for Aces. So that entire part of the question is now out. This only applies to SNGs.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can ALWAYS REBUY so that you can always match his entire stack. Therefore you would just wait for Aces. So that entire part of the question is now out.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm... no the fact that you can always rebuy means that you should be willing to gamble more!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:15 PM

in fact if you wait for aces in a 100bb cash game you lose alot of money (dunno why that didn't come into my head first). DUCY?
Old 04-17-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can ALWAYS REBUY so that you can always match his entire stack. Therefore you would just wait for Aces. So that entire part of the question is now out.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm... no the fact that you can always rebuy means that you should be willing to gamble more!

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that you can always rebuy means that it doesnt matter at all what you do cause you will end up having his money either way.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didnt offer to keep playing indefinetly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your point being... what? What I said is true for a single SNG where your opponent is moving in every hand. It's just as true (but no less true) of a series of SNGs where your opponent is moving in every hand. The optimal strategy against this opponent is optimal regardless of the number of games to be played.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that you can always rebuy means that it doesnt matter at all what you do cause you will end up having his money either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this being said, i admit i tagged on Headsup cash games without thinking (oopsy daisy)... How about the SNG situation I was in?

If the guy was going all in every time, would you have called him with AKs? of course, right? (answer wanted)

I suppose this situation isnt a predicament if you will get to keep playing this same opponent over and over even after going broke yourself... Eventually you will catch him as an overdog and your hand will hold up. The math would play out in the long run...

However, in a SNG format you really cant wait for aces, agreed? -or KK or QQ or JJ. If you get a bad run of cards for a while, the blinds you folded will add up...

I guess this post is semi-retarded because of course, you cant expect to win except in the long run.

I guess ALL I WANT TO KNOW ARE WHAT ARE THIS GUYS AVERAGE CHANCES OF WINNING SNGS if he plays this way over and over?