Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 09:06 PM

Default 2/4 Interesting Flop Decision

No real reads on this hand. Im sitting at $500 to start this hand and in the BB. We are 6 handed.

One limp, Pot bet from UTG+1, flat call from CO, button folds, SB folds, I call with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Limper calls

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, limper leads pot, pre raiser re pots, co folds. Whats your play? Limper has $250 left original raiser has me covered.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Interesting Flop Decision

I call. If limper shoves we are up against two straights with the bonus back flush draw. This would be shove time.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:35 PM

I'd call and call a shove from limper since we're getting 3:1 odds to call and you'll improve to a boat 30% of the time. If the limper flat calls, you can reconsider on the turn.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:37 PM

So the pot is 74$ at the flop. Early limper bets 74$, raiser reraises to 296$ and you will flat call? I think it is here more a shove or fold situation and in the worst case you shove, early limper folds and raiser calls with the nuts. You have now 38,81% equity. So you will loose in this situation 57,42$.

What happens if early limpers calls?

Your equity is in both pots 38,81% if both opponets holds j9**. For the 770$ main pot your equity is high enough for the 500$ side pot it is not.

In the main pot you will win 66,84$ in the side pot you will loose 55,95$. So push is here +EV if shortie holds J9. If he holds 2 pair+flush draw or set+(flushdraw) your equity is now only 28,13% if he has a set or 32,6% if he holds 2 pair+flushdraw.

Now you will loose 15,4$ or win 19,02$ in the main pot and loose 55,95$ in the side pot.

So I think in this situation fold>shove>call and I think between fold and shove it is closely, because the raiser will show here sometimes a lower set with the nutflushdraw you are in good shape against.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:04 PM

Early limper bets 57 dollars by my calc. Which makes it 171 to hero. Shoving is fine. I just worry that you fold out a bare nut straight on the flop if you shove. That screws with our odds for full house.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:08 PM

One limp 10$ in the pot + 4$ call from raiser + 14$ raise = 18$ for everybody. So 4 people involved at the flop = 72$ + 2$ from SB. Potsize at the flop 74$ q.e.d.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Early limper bets 57 dollars by my calc. Which makes it 171 to hero. Shoving is fine. I just worry that you fold out a bare nut straight on the flop if you shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be happy if big stack fold the bare nut straight. But with allready over 300$ put in the pot bigstack will call here to 100% even without a redraw.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:12 PM

I get out of the way here alot of I think I might ever be up against another set.... granted, how this was played it's hard to put anyone on a set, so I dunno. On a coordinated board like this though it's also likely that somebody with the straight has also got some fh blockers. I think with the dead money and your back door flushdraw though I'd be tempted to get it in here. I'd also raise instead of calling because it saves time.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:04 AM

Not wanting to hijack your thread but just add to it, I played a fairly similar hand this morning: isn't our best case scenario to be up against two nut straights? My push didn't get the result I wanted although in reality there is pretty much no difference between a push and call -

Poker Stars - Pot Limit Omaha Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $230.50
BB: $245.00
Hero (UTG): $193.00
CO: $225.30
BTN: $200.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
Hero calls $2.00, CO calls $2.00, BTN calls $2.00, SB calls $1.00, BB checks

Flop: ($10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $8.00</font>, BB calls $8.00, Hero calls $8.00, <font color="red">CO raises to $49.50</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $174.00</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $191.00</font>, CO folds, SB calls $17.00

Turn: ($449.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($449.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $449.50 ($2 Rake)

SB had Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a straight, Five to Nine) and WON (+$254.50)
Hero had 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and LOST (-$193.00)
Old 10-01-2007, 12:41 AM

i think i like calling here to let original limper get his money in too. i'm drawing to the nut full house so i basically have nothing to protect as far as my hand goes. i want as much money to get into the pot if i hit my hand. if i reraise here, i feel like i might just be isolating myself with the guy who has me beat already. meh.

i also lean towards the side of folding on the flop.......but thats just me. the way the action came off, i feel certain i dont have the best hand in this spot and i'm not sure if original limper is coming along for the ride to help sweeten the pot for my fullhouse draw.

i think any line here is ok based on the numbers. my opinion:

1:call
2:fold
3:shove