Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Re: ** FT Sweat: The Funky Llama & Bonified, E53 $1,500 LHE Shootout *

Sweeeeeeeeet!

GO LLAMA!!!!

Surf
Old 07-05-2007, 12:48 AM

The payout structures for the shootouts is ridiculous. 8th is like 3k more than 72nd.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:58 AM

Those who want to follow along can do so here , it appears to update every 5-10 minutes with ~70% of the hands being recorded.

Surf
Old 07-05-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

david baker posts as vincevega.

gl all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another 2p2er is also named david baker, are you sure this is the right one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's David Baker. Can someone confirm 2p2 ID?

Old 07-05-2007, 11:51 AM

Llama takes 4th!

Surf
Old 07-05-2007, 12:08 PM

Hand #235 - David Mosca Eliminated in 4th Place ($58,968)

Hand #235 - David Mosca has the button in seat 7, he raises to 40,000, Vaswani reraises from the small blind to 60,000, Mosca reraises to 80,000, Vaswani puts him all in for 90,000, and Mosca calls with {A-Clubs}{2-Hearts}. Vaswani shows {10-Hearts}{10-Spades}, and Mosca needs to improve to survive.

The board comes {J-Diamonds}{J-Spades}{9-Spades}{8-Hearts}{6-Hearts}, and Vaswani wins the pot with two pair, jacks and tens. David Mosca is eliminated in fourth place, earning $58,968. The next player eliminated will receive $83,538 for third place.

GG Llama!

Hand #283 - Ram Vaswani Wins Event #53 ($217,438)

Hand #283 - Ram Vaswani has the button, he raises to 60,000, Ward reraises to 90,000, and Vaswani calls. The flop comes {A-Hearts}{J-Hearts}{2-Hearts}, Ward bets 30,000, and Vaswani calls. The turn card is the {8-Hearts}, Ward bets 60,000, Vaswani raises to 120,000, and Ward calls all in with {A-Clubs}{10-Diamonds} for a pair of aces. Vaswani shows {K-Hearts}{Q-Spades} for the king-high flush, and Ward is drawing dead. (The meaningless river card is the {5-Hearts}.)

Andrew Ward is eliminated in second place, earning $124,816.

Ram Vaswani wins Event #53 ($1,500 Limit Hold'em Shootout), earning $217,438, a Corum watch, and a coveted WSOP bracelet.

Nice score Andy!

Congrats to both!

(Still waiting for the real David Baker to stand up.)
Old 07-05-2007, 12:20 PM

The pictured David Baker = vincevegas on 2p2. Congrats all you guys.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-05-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: ** FT Sweat: Congrats vincevegas, Llama & Bonified!

Thanks for the confirmation DD!

Hand #160 - David Baker Eliminated in 7th Place ($12,776); Greg "FBT" Mueller Stops Announcing

Hand #160 - Ram Vaswani has the button in seat 8, Ward limps for 10,000, Baker raises from the big blind to 20,000, and Ward calls. The flop comes {Q-Hearts}{J-Spades}{2-Diamonds}, Baker checks, Ward bets 10,000, Baker raises to 20,000, and Ward calls. The turn card pairs the board with the {2-Clubs}, Baker checks, Ward bets 20,000, Baker moves all in, and Ward calls with {A-Clubs}{Q-Clubs} for two pair, queens and deuces with an ace. Baker shows {Q-Spades}{9-Hearts} for two pair, queens and deuces with a jack, and he'll need to improve to survive.

The river card is the {8-Spades}, and Ward wins the pot with his ace kicker.

In the words of Greg "FBT" Mueller, "David Baker is the seventh place finisher, and I hereby stop announcing." Baker earns $12,776, and the next player eliminated will receive $19,656 for sixth place.

Mueller passes the microphone to Amy, the tournament director, who starts announcing as he leaves the area with David Baker.

I take it FBT is a friend? Sorry we missed including you in the sweat thread vincevegas. Congrats on your FT!

Eventually I'll know the names of all 2p2er's, (insert maniacal laugh here.) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2007, 03:38 PM

Thanks to everyone for the sweat and gl wishes. Ram killed me heads up but I couldn't complain over the 2 days. The rush I went on at the FT from 200K to 1.4 mill was unbelievable.

I'll probably post more later when I'm not so tired but I would like to say that Ram has caught a lot of stick this year but I have always found him to be a 100% straight up guy and an awesome player. When I was looking round the field at the start of round 2, he was the one player out of 70 I least wanted to play against. His win was very well deserved both on the day and over time, he was well overdue.

V well played to funkyllama too, the deck just didn't run for him at the right time.

Andy.

PS "Ward limps for 10,000, Baker raises from the big blind to 20,000" I know live reporting isn't easy, but please. I didn't open-limp once outside the blinds in 24 hours of play :-)
Old 07-05-2007, 07:34 PM

I'd just like to thank everyone for supporting me ... playing the final table was a lot of fun. I really thought I had a good shot at winning, but I'm very happy with 4th place and 60k.

It was an absolute pleasure meeting and playing with 2+2er Andy Ward ("bonified"). He seemed like a super nice guy and a very solid player.

The final table was pretty tough, much tougher than my first 2 tables. When it got to the final 4 I got cold decked and couldn't do much really with the huge blinds. Andy was getting a ton of hands but played real well and deserved to get second.

I've played tens of thousands of hands online with Van Diesel and he is a great player, in my opinion one of the best online shorthanded players in the world. Seemed like a really nice guy too. I made some super sick bluffs against him (and Ram) that I think I could get away with based on his image of me from online play and early in the FT.

Ram seemed like a chill, nice guy as well, but my assessment of his play is a little different than Andy's. Although he played pretty solidly overall, I felt he missed a lot of easy value bets, coldcalled too much, and overdefended his big blind. However, it's almost impossible to assess a player's skill without seeing him play thousands of hands, especially in a complex game like limit holdem, so its totally possible in my mind that he is an expert player.

I'll be back next year for the bracelet!