Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-30-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Luckyjimm busto

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, a thread about me being busto!!!

I am a real Jekyll and Hyde when it comes to poker. With a small sum available, I am a good, controlled, tricky player. Witness on Tuesday night deposited £62 and withdrawing £392. I make good folds, I lure players into traps, I constantly withdraw.

But as soon as I have a lot of money available to me, my game disappears. I never fold anything, I'm trapped by other players, and I withdraw nothing. Hence today's £815 loss, and the £1100 I lost in Paris.

My rent is £450 a month including bills, and I earn £460 a week plus holiday pay (which equates to about another £50 a week). Before my bike got trashed, I had no transport costs, and I get a free hot meal / drink / pudding each evening from the canteen at work. So I actually had quite a bit of disposal income.

I can be a pretty good player, but unfortunately every so often I self-sabotage and get myself in a lot of trouble, like today.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do, as the friends who'd happily lend me money don't have any, while those who've got the money disprove of poker so they'd never lend me it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOLd at this....Gotta love free pudding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live for that pudding!

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim- A new BBV thread maybe?

Beat: I'm broke and begging for rent money
Brag: I get free pudding nightly
Vartiance: I'm a total degen (but I get free pudding)

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay today I will take a picture of pudding.

Sadly it is just yoghurt, fruit salad, cake or sweets. The proper puddings, like apple crumble with custard or cheescake, the canteen only does at lunchtime. In the evening I guess it's all run out, or too much effort for them.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:06 PM

Jim,

Most of the 2+2ers who pride themselves in being real degenerate gamblers w/ their silly prop bets and such are not even in your class.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:14 PM

I sent this text to a schoolfriend who's lent me small sums many times in the past:

"I'm in a spot of rent-related bother- it's due now, I don't have money till in the week. Are you currently busto or robusto? Any chance you could help?"

He said "Yes I can help, but isn't it pay day?"

I explained (truthfully) I got paid weekly, but had to find a month's rent. I didn't add that I'd just lost all this week's wages, but he knows me well enough to guess that.

We're going to meet on Monday lunchtime. I'm not sure how much I could ask him for - he replied instantly, but I'm sure he's thinking along the lines of previous loans. Maybe I could ask him for £150, or even £200, but no more than that, and that would be more than he'd ever lent me. We've known each other 20 years, though, and he knows I'm good for it.

I would much rather borrow money from a poker friend, a fellow degen, than a "straight" to whom all this was alien. Before work today I called in on my best poker buddy in his clothes shop. Earlier in the week he'd told me about a £2,000 pot he'd lost in a revolting fashion in a PLO live game, and today he told me he'd just signed the lease on another shop and was paying rent on that while it was fitted out, so my "read" was that he didn't have money to spare without causing himself discomfort - and why should my friends suffer for my stupidity? So although I told him what happened, I didn't even ask him for a loan.

I now have $50 in my Neteller, plus £88 coming into my bank account overnight. If I pay the rent on Monday or Tuesday I think it will still be fine. If I could just have a nice spin-up over the weekend....
Old 11-30-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jim,

Most of the 2+2ers who pride themselves in being real degenerate gamblers w/ their silly prop bets and such are not even in your class.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I think. I am "degenerate" in the sense I am often reduced to penury through my gambling. They are degenerate in the sense of rich people throwing around money, the loss of which won't threaten their wealth. But I still think they're more impressive, for the sheer sums involved.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:19 PM

I pay your rent for this month if you stop posting at NVG..
Old 11-30-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are degenerate in the sense of rich people throwing around money, the loss of which won't threaten their wealth. But I still think they're more impressive, for the sheer sums involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not impressive in any way, shape, or form. Pathetically entertaining sums it up.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They are degenerate in the sense of rich people throwing around money, the loss of which won't threaten their wealth. But I still think they're more impressive, for the sheer sums involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not impressive in any way, shape, or form. Pathetically entertaining sums it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-30-2007, 02:34 PM

Dr. Jim busto stories are great.
I love America
Old 11-30-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave Jimm alone...........
Old 11-30-2007, 02:42 PM

Something I've always wondered about.

In the U.K. if you don't eat your meat, can you still
have your pudding?

I am a LuckyJimm fan