Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-29-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Sleeping at work

[ QUOTE ]
A move a co-worker of mine used to do is just to drive to a nearby park or otherwise large parking lot and then take a nap in the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds eerily like what I used to do.

I'm an advertising sales guy, and sometimes my ex-insane boss would check our residences to see if we were slacking off, so my APT was out of the question.

There was a parking lot around 2 miles away, had tons of trees for shade, and I'd park there and sleep for an hour and then make more calls.

Now, at this office, I'm the only sales guy here, and my bosses are in Phoenix, so I sleep daily. I have a chair that leans back, so I just lean back and doze off. Still hit my numbers, too.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:18 PM

If you can be out of your office for an hour or two your car is absolutely the best place for this. Trying to doze in your chair will be frustrating and unfulfilling.

When I was in college I had a summer job as a garbageman assistant and we would take naps in the police auction cars which the city thoughtfully stored nearby and didn't lock. Drug dealers have comfortable cars and tinted windows. I spent 2 hours a day sleeping at that job, just make sure you park far enough away that nobody rolls by and snitches you out.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the bathroom is so dumb. I'm embarrassed to say this but years ago I used to go into the handicapped bathroom (unisex) and lay on the floor and set my phone alarm for a 10-15 minute snooze. I was just so tired I had to recharge and it was the best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude....nasty
Old 11-29-2007, 09:47 PM

I seriously cannot believe no one has said this, but:

If they catch you sleeping, say that you lost your contact and you were trying to put it back in without your hands.

If necessary, say your hands are dirty so you cannot use them. Otherwise they will still laugh and say "Ok you are funny we will not fire you" *

*Disclaimer: I am 19 and have never had a job. But I figure my advice is expert still.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an idea that I stole from somewhere, but I can't remember where. You need to have a room with a door that opens in. I did this in a stock room at my old job.

Lie down on the floor with your feet touching the door. Dump out a box of paper clips in front of your head. If someone comes in, the door will wake you (worked especially well for me b/c the door had a loud keypad lock) and you just hop to your knees and begin picking up the paperclips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, people are [censored] creative when it comes to getting out of work.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:49 PM

Just send an email to George Costanza. Ask for his carpenter to build you a bed under there.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:57 PM

If your just going to sleep when your boss isn't there sleep in his office.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:10 PM

I've been busted sleeping in my boss's chair in his office and didn't get fired. But that was at a small businesses back in the days when I was up all night on acid all the time.

Now that I'm corporate, if I was too tired to make it through the workday I would just call in sick, sleep ten hours and give them a good day of work plus an hour or two extra the next day.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:15 PM

Are you telling me that you guys seriously don't have nap rooms?

I asked my boss to install a nap room (converted a barely-used meeting room) and I usually use it after I get back from lunch. Go in there for an hour's power nap and feel refreshed
Old 11-29-2007, 11:52 PM

at my old old job we had nap room (legally it was called the lactation room), it was awesome. Table/chairs and a futon couch (this was for a large company too). While everyone was yapping away and stuffing their faces for an hour, I'd sleep. The great thing was, my boss always went to lunch at 1pm with his wife for a good 90min...so I'd goto lunch at 12pm and sleep till about 1:30pm everyday. It was AWESMOME.