Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-13-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/12 - 500k Buyin - Part 2 Spoilers aho

[ QUOTE ]
I made a comic about the big pot from this episode but can't find a way to paste pictures here. If it is possible I would like to hear it.

Anyway, here it is: http://nl.pokernews.com/poker-forum/topic36009/

or here

http://my.pokernews.com/Webjoker/hig...e-12-strip.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvnh
Old 11-13-2007, 03:12 PM

Pretty funny, joker. "He has a monster" *10, "World class stuff...", "Suckout!" rofl
Old 11-13-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate these threads turning into retarded debates about one single hand or some personal clashes.Loved the show to.

When PA was waiting to hear the magic words "All-in" it was a magical moment. Too bad he ended up losing.

BTW. On season 1 and 2 running it three times meant that one player will scoop the whole pot. That's how I understood it. This was explained by Eli Elezra in one of the episodes where they ran it twice. Running it twice was better according to Eli has it gave to "even it out". I guess I understood the concept wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
As you go on to post about that one single hand...
Old 11-13-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at guys saying pa should´t call the flop. jamie gave that huge "wow, that feels like aces, i wish it was aces"

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see this discussed much and I think it was critical to the PA play of the hand. Even Gabe commented he obviously had KK with something like "It's a really huge hand but it's not aces, I wonder what it is?".

A common thread of the season is hands where Jamie talks too much giving away his hand.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Doyle was pissed about how long it was taking to ship that pot I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kind of what I was thinking, too, but I wasn't sure. It was pretty clear from Barry's 'count it down' comment to Jamie that he (and probably everyone else) wanted to get on with things. I wonder how long that hand (from the deal to pot shipping) took in real time.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i went from being like, "ZOMG, what a sick hand for all that cash to, oh, they're running it 3 times, kind of meh"

[/ QUOTE ]

If 250k is "kind of meh" to you, then you sir, are a legitimate baller.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you think about Jamie's turn raise? PA bets 45k, so there is about 100k in the pot, then Jamie raises another 250k. What in the world is he gonna get called with other than the nuts in this spot? what are Jamie's options here? Call or shove? if he's going to raise at all, does it have to be all in? i guess if he raises he has to raise to at least 150k, and then he might just as well go all in, but still I can't see PA calling him here with a smaller set or two pair.
Would you ever just call with top set here for pot control?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was skimming through all the people ripping on each other trying to find something like this. I was wondering the same thing. I didn't think he should just call, but I definitely thought he would just raise without shoving. Of course, I'm not exactly sure what the stacks were at the time. I think it would be a nice advancement for HSP to add a stack size graphic to their broadcasts. It would help a lot, in my opinion.

Anyway, it would have been cool to see Jamie raise and then Patrik shove over the top. Jamie's reaction would have been priceless. Not sure what he would have said/done, but it would have been entertaining. Plus, it would have given him the opportunity to become the world's "greatest folder."
Old 11-13-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On season 1 and 2 running it three times meant that one player will scoop the whole pot. That's how I understood it. This was explained by Eli Elezra in one of the episodes where they ran it twice. Running it twice was better according to Eli has it gave to "even it out". I guess I understood the concept wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make much sense to me. If you deal three times, each one should be for 1/3 of the pot. That seems like the best way to minimize the variance.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I made a comic about the big pot from this episode but can't find a way to paste pictures here. If it is possible I would like to hear it.

Anyway, here it is: http://nl.pokernews.com/poker-forum/topic36009/

or here

http://my.pokernews.com/Webjoker/hig...e-12-strip.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

That was beautiful.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at guys saying pa should´t call the flop. jamie gave that huge "wow, that feels like aces, i wish it was aces"

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see this discussed much and I think it was critical to the PA play of the hand. Even Gabe commented he obviously had KK with something like "It's a really huge hand but it's not aces, I wonder what it is?".

A common thread of the season is hands where Jamie talks too much giving away his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLOL. You DO realize that this is all edited and when Gabe made that comment he knew what hand Jamie had?