Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 06:14 AM

Default Re: Who is the best Omaha 8 player in the world?

Do share Davey boy...

Old 09-14-2007, 06:18 AM

Mendy...looks great, but play more bro
Old 09-14-2007, 06:19 AM

I thought this topic was about the best O8 player in the world but at some point it became a discussion about one person being good (he's proven to be good but certaintly not the best in the world)

IMHO....I heard Sammy Farha was extremely good not only at PLO but also at PLO8. I read somewhere about the "Sammy game" where they played 500-1000 PLO and PLO8 (this was before the sbrugby and brandon adams games)
Old 09-14-2007, 06:44 AM

I believe that with the hundreds of thousands of hands that any top online player plays, that they would be able to compete successfully at a game with top pros like Farha, Matusow, Duke, Greenstein...given that they were playing a game within their bankroll.

A good example...

Old 09-14-2007, 07:30 AM

hey since this thread was talking about Wintermute, he was playing on Stars 75/150 game tonight, and I think he was up $3k+ but Im not sure if he rebought or not so Im not exactly sure. Of course that game was looking pretty soft. Elementry was really cleaning up before he left.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is my month so far...

FTW!

[/ QUOTE ]
Graph in $$ please. Only lawyers and imbeciles post in BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I graphed in BB's to respond in kind. Just posting a "heater" graph so Predator's head doesn't get too big. I am at about $4k this month. But to put that in context, despite running > 3bb/100s for the year for all limits, the bulk of which are $200 and $400 level, I have gotten so massacred when I "took shots" like at 10/20 and even 25/50 (don't ask me why) that I am not much better than break-even for the year over the 50k or so hands I have played this year.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mendy...looks great, but play more bro

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't, I have been too busy. I need a heater like this at the $10 tables.

By the way, I thought you were opposed to shortstacking, but from your BB/100 graph, and Dave's comments it looks apparent that you are crushing the NL08 games using this strategy. For me, being underolled for $1000 games, I see merit to this strategy as it really neutralizes the players that give me the most trouble...like Gasss_u.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Are you sure you want to add to the dozens of BREAL haters that were gonna rip off your head of the the WSOP? And to think that I'm one of the ones that stuck up for you. haha

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Also.... I can't really comment on PLO8, as I have limited experience although I did find (online) that Gameover, and Sirscoopalot were two of the toughest players that I encountered. I found that HASSS_U and GASSS_U got it in too frequently from what I seen and stacked off pretty light, although I expect they are definitely winners. I'd comment on Davebreal, Hakallah (although he's terrible at limit), and Predator, but I do not have enough hands logged with them to give an accurate opinion.

As for limit, I'd definitely have to go with Chip Reese, and ManiacMcgoo. Glazed' strategy did not fair well with mine, so I can't really comment, but I definitely think he could destroy fish. Also, Jakz101 is extremely difficult to play as he is so aggressive and unpredictable.

Just as a sidenote, BoostedJ is sub-par and I wish I had the roll to join him at 500/1000.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:55 AM

Since you guys were pondering the whereabouts of the Mute, I
thought I would pass along this little nugget of information.

I've spent the past year of my life in the Himalayas with the Tibetan monks in an attempt to master "Crouching Rectum" Kung Fu, an obscure discipline virtually unknown in the Western world. On my return trip home I stopped briefly in Moscow, when who should I bump into but our old friend Mute.

I had some difficulty in understanding him due to the fact that he had obviously been sampling the regional Vodka quite liberally. He invited me to a bath house that he frequents so that we could do some "catching up", but since I was unsure as to what his definition of that term might be I declined. I did ask what he's been doing lately and he told me that it was always a lifelong dream of his to dance with the Russian ballet. Having said this he took a generous swig from a bottle that I had failed to notice and stumbled off in the direction of the Kremlin. To this day I'm still confused as to whether he had actually achieved his dream of being in the Russian ballet or if he simply intended it as some sort of strange anecdote.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:06 PM

Dave and Predator should have a best out of 7, $1000 PL08 SnG. Loser has to be off 2+2 for a month.