Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Public apology to DAC- His account has been cleared.

DAC, congrats on getting youre name cleared. In terms of WPEX, I dont think they should be getting congrats for their handling of the situation.

Sure they messed up and they admitted it but they were way too quick of accusing him as a cheater and saying that was that until DAC protested further.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:57 PM

The GM was acting like a child taunting DAC to deny using a bot. Sorry I think this was handled very poorly. How many other accounts have they seized?
Old 03-22-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DAC, congrats on getting youre name cleared. In terms of WPEX, I dont think they should be getting congrats for their handling of the situation.

Sure they messed up and they admitted it but they were way too quick of accusing him as a cheater and saying that was that until DAC protested further.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Hahahahahaha. Imagine how FTP would have handled this situation.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:05 PM

Yeah that's my way of saying sorry for saying you were guilty a bunch of times in the other thread. You just seemed to calm about it. I know if i was wrongly accused i would have been going ballistic.

Glad to see this is resolved. Still super impressed with the speed of the resolution. And still feel good knowing that they are fighting hard at stopping bots.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:22 PM

In defense of WSEX, he tested positive, obviously they should freeze his funds while they investigate. The player never really completely denied that he was not cheating in someway.

The investigation was completed within 24 hours, the process is now probably improved, and the GM posted a public apology. This shows the site is actively trying to become a better place to play.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DAC,

WSEX apologizes.

I apologize.

Your account is now open. Your withdrawal is already on its way to you. You are welcome to continue playing or withdraw the balance.

I admit we have made some mistakes here and we are sorry. Some of the tools you were using did yield a false positive. We will be clarifying our terms and conditions in the very near future to make sure there are no misunderstandings moving forward.

Although I don't respond to every post, I do appreciate everyone's input and ideas in this matter and I will take them into consideration.

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com

Edit/MH: To add link to original thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

touch of class.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seriously WSEX is trash. Just look at the way they handled this. sure the end result is good but saying crap like "I haven't heard you deny using a bot" is pure armature hour.

Fred you suck at being a GM even though you got this one right.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the GM was being honest in the heat of a contentious situation, wherein incidentally, he was being accused of being a thief. Breath of fresh air to me the way Wsex responds to us players. And you gatta love the big 'f u' to the Frists of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't the only one who thought it was weird that he did not deny using a bot.

Miscommunication though it would appear.
WPEX tells him he is using illegal programs, and DAC thinks there's some problem with GT+ or PT or whatever and didn't seem to know he was being accused of using an actual bot.

Miscommunications happen.
WPEX seems extremely willing to learn from their mistakes and they want to get this stuff right.
They made the correction reasonably quickly...even getting back to these forums the very next day after DAC sent them the programs.

If this had been on Full Tilt how long would this have taken to get solved (consider that some people would wait 5 days or longer between e-mails of "be patient, we'll get back to you").

No, it wasn't handled perfectly.
But WPEX admitted their mistake pretty quickly.

For me and other posters, I would not have been so quick to jump on DAC if he had denied using any kind of a bot earlier.
And his willingness to accept whatever decision they made sure felt weird and almost like an admission to me. Oh well, I was wrong it would appear. Wouldn't be the first time. And do keep in mind that I said I was willing to keep an open-mind about it...and when he said he would send the programs to WPEX-GM I thought that maybe he really was on the up-and-up.

Glad he's clean and glad it all got worked out.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:36 PM

I am interested to know what tools caused a false positive in terms fo being a bot...it sounds like he had pretty standard things on his computer
Old 03-22-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am interested to know what tools caused a false positive in terms fo being a bot...it sounds like he had pretty standard things on his computer

[/ QUOTE ]

The tools that alert when there is a big cashout.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously WSEX is trash. Just look at the way they handled this. sure the end result is good but saying crap like "I haven't heard you deny using a bot" is pure armature hour.

Fred you suck at being a GM even though you got this one right.

[/ QUOTE ]

go away troll. His sources told him it was a bot so he called the OP out on it. He was wrong and he manned up and apologized.

Again i am impressed with how Fred handled it, and i am impressed with how the OP kept his cool throught this process ... again if it was me i would have been a raging lunatic