Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 11-27-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: I\'m getting surgery Friday

What would be the best way to get the most potent drug possible?
Old 11-27-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Never had any surgery. Good luck man. During recovery you should have a lot of time to post here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx man. I rarely get around to posting here so I look forward to getting back to the swong of things. Hope I still know the lingo round here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swong

[/ QUOTE ]they're one thing one thing one thingggg
Old 11-28-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only plus side is chillin at the crib for 2 weeks and massive amount of pain pills. Who else has had surgery before and for what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had hernia surgery on a Wednesday in 1999. I was at the tail end of a nine month consulting project and was heading home for the weekend on Friday, which also meant flying home with extra luggage, as I was only going back to the project once more.

I had been renting a car, but hired a car service to take me to the airport, as I didn't want to drive two days after surgery. The service never showed, so I had to rush to the airport myself, drag three heavy bags from the car rental lot to the airport, then run to my gate. Two days after hernia surgery.

So chillin for two weeks? Please.

Then again, I got my hernia like a pussy, riding a wave runner.

I had hernia surgery on the other side when I was a couple months old. Guess I was lifting weights back then (or riding wave runners).
Old 11-28-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep got a hernia from lifting weights. Had one about 3 years ago and they say it's easy to get one if you've had one before. Was like okay guess I gotta get an operation but now that it's a few days away I'm not looking forward to it. Only plus side is chillin at the crib for 2 weeks and massive amount of pain pills. Who else has had surgery before and for what?

[/ QUOTE ]

What a freeking coincidence! I went to the Dr. today, and he confirmed that I have a hernia too, and will need surgery to fix. I had the same operation like 15 years ago on the other side.. and 3 years ago I had my shoulder operated on. Surgery sucks, it freeking Hurts! Supposedly hernia operations are less invasive than they used to be, quicker healing times... I sure hope so.

Well good luck and all.. c-ya on the other side..

BB
Old 11-28-2007, 01:03 AM

shoulder surgery. tore the labrum and some ligaments so it kept popping out of the socket all the time. not fun. i was in a sling for 4 months and had to learn how to do everything with my left hand. j/o'in, wiping my ass, all the stuff you never think about having to do with your other arm.

hope you have a speedy recovery.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only plus side is chillin at the crib for 2 weeks and massive amount of pain pills. Who else has had surgery before and for what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had hernia surgery on a Wednesday in 1999. I was at the tail end of a nine month consulting project and was heading home for the weekend on Friday, which also meant flying home with extra luggage, as I was only going back to the project once more.

I had been renting a car, but hired a car service to take me to the airport, as I didn't want to drive two days after surgery. The service never showed, so I had to rush to the airport myself, drag three heavy bags from the car rental lot to the airport, then run to my gate. Two days after hernia surgery.

So chillin for two weeks? Please.

Then again, I got my hernia like a pussy, riding a wave runner.

I had hernia surgery on the other side when I was a couple months old. Guess I was lifting weights back then (or riding wave runners).

[/ QUOTE ]

dlk9s, I have an inguinal hernia on my right side. There are different kinds of hernias and a few procedures for fixing them. Last one I had they did the laproscopic otherwise know as keyhole method. They just make a small incision in the belly button, one like 4 inches down, and one more a few inches down. One's for the camera, another for the as to expand your stomach and one for his tools or whatever. Anyway no way I could even walk more than like ten baby steps a minute last time. I can't understand how you trucked 3 bags through an airport two days later. Sounds like a medical miracle or some [censored].

Big Bend- crazy [censored] I hope your op goes well too. Funny coincidence also, I called my Great Grandfather on Thanksgiving and he tells me he's got a hernia on the same side and has to get surgery. He's like 85. Was kind of weird having my tough ass G-pa ask me what the surgery was like last time, "They put you under right." with a tone like they better [censored] put me under.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

dlk9s, I have an inguinal hernia on my right side. There are different kinds of hernias and a few procedures for fixing them. Last one I had they did the laproscopic otherwise know as keyhole method. They just make a small incision in the belly button, one like 4 inches down, and one more a few inches down. One's for the camera, another for the as to expand your stomach and one for his tools or whatever. Anyway no way I could even walk more than like ten baby steps a minute last time. I can't understand how you trucked 3 bags through an airport two days later. Sounds like a medical miracle or some [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I figured yours was worse than mine. If I remember correctly, the inguinal variety is basically when your guts not only pop out a bit like a normal hernia, but get twisted, too. Mine was pretty minor. I was just messing with you, really.

I really have no idea how I made it through the airport. It wasn't fun. Eight years later, while my hernia doesn't hurt, I am still aware of it from time to time.

My mommy actually flew out to Maryland to take care of me before I flew back to my apartment in Georgia. While overall, everything went fine, the worst moment I had was when I took off the bandages in the shower. I had never seen myself cut up/stitched up like that, plus I was on pain meds that made me woozy. The combination of these things made me start to black out. I hurried to dry off and get dressed while my vision was going. There was NO WAY I was going to collapse and have my mom come in to fish my naked body out of the bathroom. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good luck with the surgery and enjoy!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
over emphasize your pain and say u will need some powerful enema.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2007, 11:53 AM

Good luck man. I've had 2 knee surgeries this year (ACL in January, Meniscus in June) and neither were very fun. The pain pills are a huge help afterwards so enjoy those. Also enjoy lying in bed doing nothing for a while. Get some women on standby so you can call them over while you're recovering too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 11:54 AM

good luck