Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 10-12-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: The best o8 nl hi/lo player on full tilt

To put it differently in PL08 a good Semi-LAG &gt; a good TAG, but in NL08 under present table conditions, I think a good TAG might be <u>&gt;</u> a good Semi-Lag provided the good TAG tailors his buy-in correctly.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:12 PM

I agree Mendacious. In NL a fish can negate their lack of skill by pushing. The fish usually have the toughest time figuring out where they stand post flop and by playing a TAG style they can just push the premium hands and gamble.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:26 PM

I don't know the relationship with worm/scoop, but right now there is NO doubt that whothedonk is the best PLO8 player on FTP. For all I know it could be one of them. Over the thousands of hands I have on him, he's never sat at the same table with any known teamworm players. He has been demolishing anyone who dares to sit with him S/H at pl600+. Fortax taking a distant second...one of the quietest winners that plays PLO8 online.

As far as NLO8, my toughest competition recently is cpfactor, magicman, 4567suited, and MTB.

Last month, I won $7700 of MTB, but I think he has changed his style recently, because he is now winning.

I will not sit with CP anymore...I just cant beat him.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree Mendacious. In NL a fish can negate their lack of skill by pushing. The fish usually have the toughest time figuring out where they stand post flop and by playing a TAG style they can just push the premium hands and gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that isn't what I meant. What I was trying to say is that the difference between a good TAG and a good LAG is the ability to handle situations like problems of deep stacks and ambiguous situations where it is unclear whether you want to build a pot or not, and where the odds may change dramatically from flop to turn and recognition of what to do in these situations where there is decent money in the pot, but still decent money in their stacks as well. NL simplifies this because it requires much less feel to understand your odds on the flop with two cards to come against a range of hands than it does when a brick comes on the turn and you are up against a LAG opponent who could have a lot of holdings and has already bet the pot, called or raised on the flop.

One of the great difficulties in PL08 is that on the flop you usually have a good idea of where you stand, but with 2 cards to come there is great potential to still make or miss a hand.

A classic example is a hand which flops a low draw and the nut flush draw. (Probably the most popular type of hand to play for). If you can get all-in on this type of flop you always should. In PL however, many times your opponents will not let you get all-in and you can face a MUCH more complicated decision on the turn if you brick (especially if you are playing A3 not A2), or, a good opponent will fold if you hit your flush. There are numerous hands like this that are easy to play on the flop if you can get all in, and very tough to play on the turn when you brick and easy to get away from by good opponents when you hit. So to my way of thinking, NL takes a lot of the hard decisions that LAG’s exploit to justify their looser style out of the equation.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:00 PM

plz no more of these posts of "whos the best" or "rank him".......just make your money and stop caring about things like this......end of thread
Old 10-15-2007, 10:50 PM

OH PLEASE ONE MORE----i would like to add that by far hands down that guy DECISIONS is the best player---Predator is not a good player --that is not poker---he is a donkey as is idiot. i do not mind dave breal plus he seems like an intelligent guy.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OH PLEASE ONE MORE----i would like to add that by far hands down that guy DECISIONS is the best player---Predator is not a good player --that is not poker---he is a donkey as is idiot. i do not mind dave breal plus he seems like an intelligent guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The King hath spoken.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're a beautiful man, don't ever change a thing.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:14 AM

Always cracks me up when a new poster starts a thread like this and then expects everyone to automatically say his screen name.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:27 PM

i was at 5 10 and saw predator lose about 5 buy ins in 15 minutes. NOTE- they were 200 minimum.