Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
Using data from pokersitescout.com:

Nobody appears to give a crap as of yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh this is actually the sik thing. how many people do u think actually read 2+2? theres probly like 90% of people there who just play recreationally. like they log on and play and log off. they have no interest in the forums and such so they have no idea. or maybe people really dont give a [censored]
Old 10-16-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, why has Mark been so quiet about this whole thing? He hasn't made one post or public statement clearing AP or even his own name. I'd love to see him involved here.

[/ QUOTE ]
He pasted the AP reply.

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/blog/bl...0&bcatid=4

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting. It was posted on 10/12, before the HH file became available Some choice quotes:

[ QUOTE ]
As a matter of Company policy, Absolute Poker never divulges personal information about our players nor do we make public any hand information that did not go to a showdown, ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since a huge chunk of the hand histories (showing all player cards and a heap of sequential hands) were posted on 10/14, this statement has to be nothing but a barefaced lie:

[ QUOTE ]
We combed through all hands involving the accounts that were mentioned in the online forums. Please note that only a select number of hands were featured in the threads. Our ongoing investigation continues to show that there were countless instances where a somewhat unorthodox poker strategy resulted in a loss. Allegations that the player accounts at issue “always guessed right” are unfounded.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rest of his comments and assurances become less than worthless in the light of this
Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 PM

The 2+2 (and to a lesser degree neverwinpoker) exposure will hurt the high limit games.

It won't be enough to hurt the low limit games.

That's why it's important for some sort of reputable media to pick this up and report on it. If the scandal becomes evident to the masses, their traffic will suffer big time.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, a number of tournament results pages mention Scott Tom's home town as Missoula, MT. Perhaps where his frat was?

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost everybody or possibly all involved in AP at the start were from Montana.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I was told the same thing. That's why I thought Michigan/Maryland myspace accounts were weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pic 1 is definitely Philip Tom.

Pic 2 is from his supposed Myspace.

Hard to tell either way IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those two people are not the same. Look at the nose. Very different.

[/ QUOTE ]

The second picture also has more weight in the face, which could explain the nose.

There's really no way of knowing how old that first picture (or the second one) is.

I think those pictures serve to neither confirm nor deny at all -- people can look very different from one picture to another.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also,

"Phil's" Myspace is under the name "prouss1"

Google that and the only result is a poker HH with "prouss1" at the table.

Gotta be him.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can get 2 of Phillip's myspace blog entries through http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&sa...earch&meta= and clicking on the cached links. Nothing interesting in them, but I dunno, just throwing it out there if anyone wants to check it out.

Seems like none of Phil's friends (that I could find) have Scott on their lists fwiw. Seems odd if they're brothers and co-owners, you'd think they'd be connected on myspace.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I see is the HH from FCP that shows prouss1, I don't see any blog entries.

Can you explain to me how to get there?
Old 10-16-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Using data from pokersitescout.com:

Nobody appears to give a crap as of yet.

[/ QUOTE ]
You will probably see a reduction about the same time you start seeing more user names with 363 than you do with 420!
Old 10-16-2007, 09:35 PM

Really sick job.

For your information, the news has already broken out pretty big in France, and by that I mean people playing live in the "cercles" in Paris talk about it.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:36 PM

Any lawyer possessing knowledge of Canadian law with regards to international commerce between Indian territory and off-shore gambling operations please feel free to chime in.

*crickets*
Old 10-16-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 2+2 (and to a lesser degree neverwinpoker) exposure will hurt the high limit games.

It won't be enough to hurt the low limit games.

That's why it's important for some sort of reputable media to pick this up and report on it. If the scandal becomes evident to the masses, their traffic will suffer big time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm much more concerned about the mainstream media scaring away whats left of the US recreational crowd by picking this up. I'd much rather that not happen than see AP "pay for it". Online poker does not need any bad press.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also,

"Phil's" Myspace is under the name "prouss1"

Google that and the only result is a poker HH with "prouss1" at the table.

Gotta be him.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can get 2 of Phillip's myspace blog entries through http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&sa...earch&meta= and clicking on the cached links. Nothing interesting in them, but I dunno, just throwing it out there if anyone wants to check it out.

Seems like none of Phil's friends (that I could find) have Scott on their lists fwiw. Seems odd if they're brothers and co-owners, you'd think they'd be connected on myspace.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I see is the HH from FCP that shows prouss1, I don't see any blog entries.

Can you explain to me how to get there?

[/ QUOTE ]
I just googled Prouss1, got 3 results, the first two being blog entries, the third being that fcp hand.

Try these:
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:FGId...lient=firefox-a

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:gW4Z...lient=firefox-a
Closed Thread