Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Health Insurance

Not sure if this is place to put it or not so feel free to give me advice on a different forum to post this.

I know someone who will need health insurance starting Jan 1. She is 22 and will most likely be working as a substitute teacher so she will have no insurance. This will continue until August at which point she plans to move to England for a year. She has just graduated college so she does not have a lot of money stored away although she hopes to start saving money for the move to England.

What are things that she should consider when looking for health insurance? Recommendations based on her situation would also be useful.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Health Insurance

Lots of things to consider here, but if she is in good health and not into any kind of high risk activities it seems that for the short term some kind of catastrophe insurance would be sufficient and affordable. I believe the idea is that you pay out of pocket for any medical expenses up to something like $5000 but if you are seriously ill or injured and your costs exceed that amount then you will be covered.