Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: PGA Championship Thread

I don't get the obsession with the number 62. It should be shots under par. A 62 on a Par 70 is not the same as on a Par 72.

Anyway, at least I know I won't have to watch much golf this weekend. It's over, over, over. I mean I guess we could see Tiger blow up on Saturday but that's as likely the Sun not coming up tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get the obsession with the number 62. It should be shots under par. A 62 on a Par 70 is not the same as on a Par 72.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt. I've never understood why they're talked about together.

I know there are less par 5's but that doesn't make -8 the same as -10.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:23 PM

Each round has to be taken by itself. Par means nothing in this day and age where they take 2 par fives at each open and call them par 4's.

A 62 at Oakmont '07 or Winged Foot '06 would be better than a 62 at St Andrews in '00 despite par being higher at the old course. IMO score in relation to field average is a much more reasonable way to compare the great rounds than gross score or score in relation to par.

I don't know what the gross field average at the three tournaments I listed was, but I would be surprised if it was lower on either of the par 70's.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt. I've never understood why they're talked about together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but the fact that it hasn't been done on either a 70 or 72 should say something, no?
Old 08-10-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This round of Tigger's is goddamn breathtaking. Ugh, I have to kill myself for typing that. /life

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, nothing wrong with sitting back and enjoying watching the greatest golfer ever in his prime.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously, nothing wrong with sitting back and enjoying watching the greatest golfer ever in his prime.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who has the most number of PGA Tour wins? Who has the most majors? Let's talk about career longevity.

While he very well may EVENTUALLY be the greatest golfer in history, at this point in time, Mr. Nicklaus is still quite a ways in front of him.

BO
Old 08-10-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This round of Tigger's is goddamn breathtaking. Ugh, I have to kill myself for typing that. /life

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

I got to the point (fairly quickly), where I didn't enjoy watching Jordan play and win. I usually get to the point where I don't like to see the dominant champion win repeatedly in sports.

But somehow Tiger is different. I never tire of watching him when he is playing his "A" game.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, at least I know I won't have to watch much golf this weekend. It's over, over, over. I mean I guess we could see Tiger blow up on Saturday but that's as likely the Sun not coming up tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, the pole-smoking Phil-hater is also a fair weather golf fan. i'm surprised.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

while I pretty much completely agree with tuq's assessment of his round, i'm tired of it happening.

is he ever going to stop doing that gay club twirl? are the announcers ever going to stop mentioning it every time he does it?
Old 08-10-2007, 11:17 PM

HE TWIRLED THE CLUB SO HE MUST LIKE IT, JOHNNY!@!!1