Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: USC 7-1
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 2.70%
4 2 5.41%
5 1 2.70%
6 5 13.51%
7 9 24.32%
8 6 16.22%
9 6 16.22%
10 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - the plot thickens

[ QUOTE ]
Meanwhile, in the hour it took to maybe win some STTs, the superuser could have been raping the cash tables for way way way more.

And there are so many regs in STT-land that a superuser would become obvious really fast.

But this is a stupid discussion, really, so I'll stop there.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT x 3
Old 10-23-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the two biggest problems with the 7 mill estimate:

1.)Why the sudden change in playing styles? As far as I know, no one has been playing 95/80 or w/e and winning.

2.)The idea that these "ballers" are going to patiently grind out msnl or ssnl seems very unlikely to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. The playing style that got them caught has always intrigued me. So far I've leaned toward someone doing it to intentionally sabotage AP, for whatever reason, not a rogue programmer proving it could be done, but someone intent on causing real damage when it was discovered.

With these latest reports, however, and what I've gleaned about AJ Green, apparently the "consultant" AP wants to throw under the bus, I'm leaning toward the cheating was going on for years, carefully disguised by the insiders, then AJ came along, got greedy, got stupid, or got coked up, and blew the whole scam. I'd throw him under the bus too, for unplugging my ATM.

2. They may not have been grinding it out. As other threads have hinted, they may have hired locals to grind for them. They may have personally been hitting one big tourney per week for their pocket money.

The $7m figure may also include other scams or skims unrelated to seeing hole cards.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On a serious note, I don't see why the "[X] Hole Cam" option would have to be built into the client. All it would have to do is spew out the other players' hands in the superuser's chat window when the hand is dealt.

[/ QUOTE ]

The chat window is part of the client.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but I'd imagine it just serves as a dumb terminal for whatever the server sends. If the server wants to send you the usual stuff, everyone's hole cards, or some erotic WSoP fan fiction the client will just echo it out.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
zen and others,

Games w/ higher variance where you would still lose a fair amount, but you would tilt the odds in your direction, are the perfect place to use hole card viewing capabilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to play short handed ring, where you get an actual $ value for each decision and don't have to worry about push/fold situations nearly as often? I feel like it would be a ton more profitable there and less obvious that you are cheating (unless you are exploiting your edge in stupid situations).
Old 10-23-2007, 09:22 PM

What are the chances someone will realize that coming clean and getting into the witness protection program would be better than never being able to come home again? All he would have to do is quietly get some of the cash to a relative to hold for him first. I would love to see something like that happen, so that the whole story could come out.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The $7m figure may also include other scams or skims unrelated to seeing hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

quoted for likeliness
Old 10-23-2007, 09:44 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

quoted for likeliness

[/ QUOTE ]

bad beat jackpot rigging FTW?
Old 10-23-2007, 09:59 PM

None of you probably saw this yet, but one of the betting sites hosted by the Mohawks had mob ties

http://www.easterndoor.com/news.php?id=454

see second last paragraph in Globe and Mail article

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/s...al_gam_mostview

Also, the Canadian government doesn't really endorse the Mohawks issuing these "licences" and the Mohawks and the federal gov't have battled many times before. The Oka Crisis was basically a standoff between the band and the government back in the mid 1990's. I think it lasted a few months and some cops were killed in the process. Between the mob story and the Absolute scandal, I'm sure this would make for a good front page story here in Canada.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:47 PM

Lot's of way to make money in the area with a private jet .
Old 10-23-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: finally got the phone call!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-They are having a company come in called gaming associates and they are an independent auditing firm.

-unfortunatly they will only be auditing a 3 week time frame where they believe these players were playing in.
(i'm pretty sure most regulars on AP have lost to these guys in a longer time frame then 3 weeks)

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, what kind of audit is this? We know cheating happened but they are only going to look at 3 weeks of it?

[/ QUOTE ]
asdeoiajdiasjidasjiodasjd

wtf is this [censored]
Closed Thread